ITV: Impeachment Television

I’ll remember that the next time I fire up a Butter Emails meme…

I suspect that they’re banking on election fuckery to keep it GOP in 2020.

If you think you’re voting in a free and fair election in 2020, you’re deluding yourself.

1 Like

When have I ever said I think it’s a fair election? I know the GOP and Trump are corrupt.

What’s scary is if Trump wins, and the GOP reclaims the House, he’s gonna demand that Schiff, Pelosi, etc. be thrown in prison.

1 Like

The Dem senators should just go campaign. If the GOP can get away with the bullshit they’re pulling around all this, the Dem senators can get away with, “I’m watching all of the testimony and staying informed on the proceedings, but I already know enough to know he needs to be removed.”

3 Likes

“If the Democrat senators aren’t taking this process seriously then why should anyone else?”

Are they going to say that right before or right after they spout conspiracy theories that have been debunked?

Everyone is acting like Congress can only hold one set of impeachment hearings. There is no limit. If the senate shuts this one down, just crank up another one. The Republicans definitely would.

The public will pay even less attention than they are doing now.

1 Like

Who cares what Republicans say. The proper response to all their bullshit is OK Boomer.

I think it will be an effective talking point. Particularly with Schiff and other Democrats saying that this is a solemn and grave duty not lightly taken blah blah blah. How serious could it be if all the Democrats running for president skip the trial?

Assuming it’s happening during the general election I think it’s fine. Donald is full blown melting down right now. Stop thinking defensively and think offensively. Our opponent is currently in such bad shape with non stop humiliation that he’s traveling with a personal physician. And he wants the trial limited to two weeks because he’s DYING inside.

A lot of you have forgotten that the way to win at most games is to be insanely aggressive. The GOP haven’t, which is why they keep winning everything in politics for the last generation. How about instead of reacting to them we keep them on the back foot playing defense from now until next November.

Here’s to making Donald puke from stress every day from now until election day 2020.

7 Likes

They’re going to have effective talking points no matter what because they’re funneling it all through Fox News.

1 Like

I’ve brought up this idea a few times on here. You know and I know that the GOP would be holding one impeachment trial for every single charge they could think of.

2 Likes

Good on you for helping to build up the Unstuck example bank. I don’t think we had a great illustration of Concern Trolling yet (though I might be wrong).

3 Likes

This is a good point. Their entire strategy seemed to be targeted towards the 20% trash people. They have not really dons anything to appeal to moderates and indifferents.

I touched on this earlier and I don’t think they have the political capital to pull off another set of new hearings. They will have too many dems in the house defect.

They need to get as much out of this as possible.

Trump should very badly want this to happen BEFORE the primaries. He can’t primary the people who vote to remove him if they are already the nominees… and if they decided to play the impeachment straight up and got Fox News on board they could probably move public opinion. It really depends on how big of a general election liability Trump is going to be.

A lot is going to hinge on internal campaign polling here I think. Also don’t discount petty revenge for the indignities inflicted upon GOP Senators by an asshole with NPD.

How things look in public in late November 2019 have almost nothing to do with what’s going on behind the scenes. You either believe the GOP politicians have no integrity and are complete pieces of shit or you don’t. I happen to think that they have none and they are. Those kinds of people can be astoundingly two faced. Mitch McConnell in particular has betrayed plenty of former allies over the years. Nobody ever sees him coming.

1 Like

The time to worry about how the republicans might spin something ended years ago. It simply should never be a consideration if you are doing the right things for the right reasons.

8 Likes

If this is concern trolling, then surely me saying that impeachment is politically a bad idea that will likely backfire also qualifies. It would be good to compile a list of proscribed viewpoints. Keep it up!

“We have stood with him every step of the way, but we cannot look past this. No, not this.”