ITV: Impeachment Television

I think there’s a gamble going on wrt Trumps taxes & McGahn case for executive immunity.
It’s hard to say now if he would resign if his taxes were released as he thinks the right is all for him now.

The Dems need to run adds showing the US constitution and Trumps crime on it and ask the American people to come out and save there democracy or its over imo once the Senate trials start the people need to be on the streets to show support for impeachment or its over as there already trying to dismiss the impact of these hearings.

And tbh its over anyways as there is only 1 winner of these trials, win or lose as Dr Hill said Putin started this in 2006 and promised his people he would retaliate for Ukraine and he won hands down.

For this I put the blame firmly on the EU for not giving Ukrainians the support they needed to get a Democratic country, as throughout history has shown us the’ve had a troubled passed and would not survive on there own.

Now I’m no Academic or policy expert and these are just random opinions but I’m scared today for democracy and feel like these next months are the most important in our lifetime.

1 Like

It’s far from over. Schiff is waiting for Trump’s taxes and other stuff like that.

Investigating actual wrongdoing of the President, and impeaching him over it, isn’t “mudslinging,” it’s one of the responsibilities of Congress.

1 Like

I think discourse resizes images for avatars to some extent. Not sure. @anon46587892 signal.

1 Like

That seems nuts to me. Issue articles of impeachment in September or October? McConnell could just say the Senate chooses not to have a trial and that at this late date it is best to let the American people decide if Trump ought to be president. And it would be hard to argue with that logic.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this. Time is not our friend. There’s a magic line in McConnell’s mind where he will refuse to hold a trial. Who knows where that is, but the whole point of this (besides the crimes which we know the GOP doesn’t care about, because their Daddy committed them) is to put GOP senators up to a tough vote.

1 Like

Any cites to reporting indicating a broader set of future hearings either in Intel or Judiciary committee?

Most of the reporting I’ve seen / heard indicates that this was basically the ball game and that the next steps are for Intel to write a report on the Ukraine stuff, refer it to Judiciary to write up the actual articles of impeachment, and then get to voting…

Or if a senator is the Democratic nominee he will actually schedule a trial for October. Have fun not campaigning that month Liz, hope it’s not too inconvenient for you.

I’ve said this before, but it looks like the timeline is shaping up perfectly for McConnell to use the hearing for max pain / chaos in the Democratic primaries. Hunter Biden’s name is going to be all over the news and every Senator who wants to be campaigning in Iowa or New Hampshire is either going to be in DC for the hearings or will be attacked for not being there during such an important moment.

1 Like

It did it did. I have had it as my avatar all day now.

2 Likes

Following up to my own post and agreeing with the follow up posts, McConnell’s line is likely sooner rather than later. He’d much rather have no vote than any other option imo. As far as the public knows, the Democrats are done with their investigation. Further delays on a trial in the Senate will allow the GOP to whine into the “both sides” media echo chamber that the Dems are stalling bc they have no case, they’re fishing for more info etc. Republicans are masters at the bullshit game and they will crush the narrative.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone outside of GOP slappies care about Hunter at all tbh, certainly not people who aren’t rabid Fox News watchers.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Schiff knows the GOP will bullshit either way. He’s been masterful with the impeachment inquiry. He’ll dump it on Mitch when the time is right.

2 Likes

This is totally fair. I agree Schiff isn’t an idiot. I just think the right time is sooner rather than later.

1 Like

lol Trump supporters don’t give a shit about any of this. Doesn’t matter how guilty he is and it doesn’t matter what he’s done. It doesn’t even matter if Hunter did anything at all. None of it matters to them.

People have to call deplorables what they really are: cultists. They’re no different from Scientologists. They will give up everything for him and will rationalize everything he does to them no matter how horrible it may be.

4 Likes

Yea I honestly think he’s waiting to see if Mazars will turn over Trump’s taxes. No point to doing it before they know.

2 Likes

For sure. And if Mitch drags this thing out, let him. Like you said, the Deplorables won’t care. But it’s not about convincing them. It’s about convincing the rest of America. And they will see it for what it is; a sham.

1 Like

The GOP is being really stupid about this. They keep doubling down and doubling down on Trump not committing crimes and claiming the “American People” don’t want an impeachment. But they are screaming into the echo chamber to the people that will never abandon Trump in the first place. I mean granted, they can’t really do anything else but it’s still a stupid thing to do.

You should have seen my face yesterday when I think it was Castor verified one fact after another, then debunked countless GOP conspiracy theories just to score a single point against a witness.

That is also the same face I made when none of that persuaded forever Trumpers

1 Like

Not really. Impeachment is a political process. It’s not like Schiff can go arrest Trump.