It's time to delete Metabook, Twitter and TikTok (and Reddit). Fuck it, social media is cancer - a thread.

True but it’s impossible to name a single religion that actually follows it’s founders ideas.

Trumpism? THOU SHALT BE AN ENORMOUS IGNORANT ASSHOLE AT ALL TIMES.

6 Likes

You know what literally and unambiguously states that the Bible is not the literal and inerrant word of God? The Bible.

It does? Where?

Matthew 19:

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

So, at least according to Jesus (and I hear he’s something of an authority on Christian beliefs) one and perhaps more of the Old Testament laws were written by and at the behest of men and are flawed.

Acts 10:

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

And a voice from heaven telling St. Peter that Old Testament laws on diet aren’t the literal and inerrant word of God.

There might be a few more examples like this, but it’s pretty lol that the same Christians who adhere to a doctrine that the Bible is both literal and inerrant eat shellfish and wear mixed fabrics. It’s not something they actually adhere to, except when wanting to weaponize it against the gays.

1 Like

So, is divorce good or bad? Only sexual immorality is a qualification for divorce? Which is already a sin. Domestic violence?

@MrWookie

I’m not gonna argue with your interpretation but I don’t know that I’d call those passages “unambiguous” in stating that “the Bible is not the literal and inerrant word of God”.

I’m not the biggest fan of the NIV translation, but it’s easy to pull of the internet. Others that I consider more scholarly say instead of “Moses permitted” that “Moses wrote you that law.”

The reason we know the bible is unreliable is because . . . the bible says so? I must have that wrong.

1 Like

Christians should ditch the Old Testament.

New Testament isn’t much better. Here is loving Christ talking,

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law–a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

-Matthew 10:34-37

Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.

-Luke 12:51

Mcchicken comes with mayo

2 Likes

I still want to know what ChrisV was eating at McDs that he’s embarrassed to admit. Also if there’s some weird McAussie burger loaded with mayo.

I took his post as a general comment and it sounds like over time he has ordered more than one McD sandwich with a mayo based sauce.

However, thanks to your persistence, I too am now curious.

The Deluxe QP has mayo doesn’t it?

After googling, yes it does.

I ignored this because I already answered it.

Yes, I do consider Filet-O-Fish tartar sauce mayonnaise. Tartar sauce is mostly mayonnaise. Mac sauce is mostly mayonnaise. All the chicken burgers, here at least, have aioli on them. Basically every burger at McDonalds has mayonnaise on it in some guise or other.

What about poop with dill and capers in it though, surely that isn’t poop? Yeah dude, it is. OK but what if I added mustard, gherkin relish and smoked paprika to it, that’s not poop then right? Yes. OK but what if I whipped you up various other kinds of flavoured poop? IT’S ALL POOP.

2 Likes
  1. Tartar sauce is not mayo. It’s mayo and pickle relish. Are you saying you want a dry fish sandwich? That sounds gross. What else would you put on it?
  2. Wtf is Mac sauce?
  3. Wtf is a chicken burger? We don’t have those in the US.
  4. Quarter pounder and regular burger have no mayonnaise. Big Mac has Thousand Island dressing.

The only burger I know of that came with straight mayonnaise was the McDLT. The hot stays hot and cool stays cool! They were pretty good actually.

1 Like
  1. Mayonnaise is far and away the largest ingredient, it’s a mayonnaise-based sauce. Not convinced a fish sandwich is an amazing idea, but probably tzatziki.
  2. Mac sauce is the sauce that goes on Big Macs. Wiki says it is “a variant of Thousand Island Dressing”. These are the opening words of the Wiki article on Thousand Island Dressing:

Thousand Island dressing is an American salad dressing and condiment based on mayonnaise

1. McDonalds has multiple different chicken burgers here. McChicken, Chicken Deluxe in both crispy (battered) and grilled format. McSpicy as well I think, at the moment.

LOLOLOL at tzatziki on a filet-o-fish.

Never knew it was called Mac Sauce.

We don’t call those chicken burgers but ok. What would you replace the mayo with, tzatziki? Maybe some tabouli and hummus?

1 Like