IQ and voting

Has he posted about IQ or not letting stupid people vote even once here? I won’t believe it’s him until I see that.

I’m pretty much with him on that.

1 Like

I’ve been against IQ tests as a measure of anything useful apart from someone’s ability to take an IQ test ever since my boss 30 years ago tried to get into Mensa (he was that type) and scraped in on his third and final try after failing the first two times and cramming like crazy on test papers.

4 Likes

Not IQ tests, but in an ideal world I think votes should be weighted commensurate with the voter’s ability to demonstrate an understanding of what the fuck they’re voting for. I realise such a system is probably impracticable.

I don’t think mensa is really even that hard to get into either, judging from reading their posts on quora.

2 Likes

Interesting, I suspect that’s true.

I think my boss got about 110 on his first attempt and remember thinking that sounded about right and was shocked when he passed in the end.

I suspect they need the £££ and need people to turn up at their crappy and tedious social events where they find they have nothing in common with each other apart from low self-esteem and an absence of social skills.

idk man. the centrists in this forum are brain busto

2 Likes

Skalanski actually thinks it’s a good practical idea that can be implemented fairly.

110 is the perfect IQ (about 1 std deviation above the mean) for someone to feel mentally superior to a lot of society but not quite smart enough to realize their own limitations. I suspect a lot of middle management types fall into this range.

Mensa really is a racket IMO - but I digress. We shouldn’t have any mental competency tests for voting, I mean, come on. That has a really dark history, lol.

Yes, it not only has a dodgy past but there are serious cultural biases in many IQ tests.

1 Like

I think this is correct, 110 seems about the IQ one would have to post incessantly about mental health but also not realize that Democratic establishment politicians are the ones holding back treatment

1 Like

Plus a lot of people with a high IQ are absolutely deplorable.

1 Like

Lol this is just sad. Even I think you’re better than that.

1 Like

wahhhhhhh

4 Likes

All of this has been explained to Dave over and over but he keeps coming in once every six months to pitch it to us like it’s an exciting new idea.

1 Like

A mandatory 5,000 word essay for every voter titled “Why anyone should give a fuck what I think”.

Points subtracted for errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.

Aren’t they more likely to be college educated and college educated people skew heavily liberal? (Just spitballing I actually don’t know)

I am curious your thought process on this. I don’t know any genuinely smart people that are still trump supporters. I knew one or two that bought into the initial hype but have long jumped ship and are full biden train now.

dude clicked ‘reply’

typed ‘wahhhhh’

then clicked ‘reply’ again

3 Likes

I have a Harry Potter Sorting Hat Conjecture that touches on this.

I know a fair number of very smart people and it seems they’re like 50:50. Maybe sample size issue.