Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

What about an IRA?

I AM GOING TO MAKE AMCX HAPPEN OR DIE TRYING

2 Likes

I want a dirt cheap stock I can scoop up for an aim-for-the-sun or crash and burn YOLO bet.

LEH

2 Likes

Since the WSB bros currently hold gme hostage, they should demand that the next ipo price be available to everyone and not just insiders like abnb or JC Penny’s is next! and maybe to not have to pay taxes ever again while they are at it.

what level of the simulation are we in when the company with a ticker PETS is one of the most shorted stonks and potential to become a meme pump? It’s up nearly 100% this week.

My 8 seconds of googling is giving mixed information on whether stocks within an IRA can be lent. My gut instinct is yes, but I’m not sure and I’m not going to try to figure it out at this point - I’m watching The Terminator.

Apparently you have to have at least $250k and opt in.

1 Like

I laughed because I think this would be sears instead

which is also up 113% because of course it is

My only game plan is to follow the advice of the message boards.

2 Likes

I’m trying to watch The Terminator, but am unable to pull myself away from this thread.

There’s a difference between:

1. Your broker can lend your shares to a short seller and pocket 100% of any short fees.

2. You can enroll in a program where your broker lends your shares and you split the short fees.

The fully paid lending program is the second. But it’s not obvious that you have to have a $250k balance for the broker to just lend them and pocket the money (the first case).

I think my favorite thing this week is finding out Blockbuster stock still exists and it’s up bigly. I assumed it was a joke but, fuck? What absurdity won’t this decade bring?

1 Like

Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 how a stock can still exist for a company that ceased to exist like a decade ago.

NBA JIFS

1 Like

" The latest nostalgia stock to jump on the Reddit rally is BB Liquidating Inc., the final remnant of bankrupt video-rental company Blockbuster."

Link

there is still a blockbuster in the world, and it’s in the US

Now I need to figure out how to navigate Reddit.

There is a doc on Neflix about this that is entertaining and nostalgic. The store just licenses the Blockbuster name, they don’t get any kind of support from a larger entity. The store manager stocks her shelves buy buying up DVDs from Targets, Walmarts etc

Then you’ll want some AMCX. Mad Men. Breaking Bad. Walking Dead. Better Call Saul. Are you kidding me? What a lineup. Can’t go wrong with that.

7 Likes

*formerly successful, tell him to enjoy his $15/hr

8 Likes