Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

Ty for that - turns out I definitely am too stupid for this stuff lol.

sorcery

2 Likes

Yeah so much big money at stake seems at some point tens of millions of dollars will be spent on countermeasures by the hedgies.

Most stock is already not traded on NASDAQ/NYSE but in dark pools. Dark pools are private exchanges not available to the public. So if NASDAQ/NYSE shut down trading of meme stocks, the hedge funds would all still be able to trade amongst themselves (i.e. recalibrate their positions).

1 Like

I was never a fan of WSB until they decided to fuck up hedge funds.

8 Likes

I still don’t like the community tbh, their inside jokes are juvenile and offensive. But I will take their side in this fight.

2 Likes

What a world

https://twitter.com/dionnewarwick/status/1354511727023386624?s=21

9 Likes

Most places on the internet are like that. That’s why I like this place, it’s (usually) not like that.

1 Like

Except for certain threads that involve a certain word.

1 Like

I was under the impression that WSB had some conspiracy theory-level thinking for why some stocks were going to go up and they luckboxed into something that worked. I wonder how much of this is Trump-deprived Q-folk finding something else to scratch that itch, so that a lot of the profits here are going to end up funding Josh Hawley’s presidential run.

Wsb back up but private :sob:

Dionne Warwick on Twitter trying to catch up to today’s world is a sheer delight.

6 Likes

Looks like money is draining out of of BTC as people rush to the STONK games. Might be a good dip-buying opportunity here.

2 Likes

WSB is back up! The show continues

5 Likes

This is not over yet.

My deplorable and dimwitted friend just discovered reddit (like 20 minutes ago) and bought 1400 shares of amc at 13$

Its going to suck so bad when he’s rich.

3 Likes

If people want to storm the NYSE, we should open the doors and let them in, right? I’ll even pay for the zip-ties.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/LicensedT0Ill/status/1354459597495562245

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

19 Likes

Why can’t I have the balls to YOLO like that?

Dionne should have been able to predict this.

7 Likes

Stuff like this really does help show that being rich is pretty much a combination of luck and/or risk taking. No intelligence or hard work required. We just never heard about the 99% of people who didn’t get lucky or whose risk didn’t pay off.

2 Likes