Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

I bought Draftkings yesterday, surged today up 5%

LOL me

1 Like

This is the single craziest thing I’ve ever seen in the markets.

Wait until tomorrow!

5 Likes

craziest shit I’ve seen was some TV talking head insisting to keep your money in bear stearns right before it went to zero.

2 Likes

Well this has turned out reasonably well except for the last part. I think NOK may have been kind of a false flag but BB and AMC are both up. Makes me seriously worried that we’re at a bubble, but we’re in such a weird place re: potential upcoming stimulus and other economic factors that I’ll happily admit I don’t know wtf to expect at all.

AMC $7 lmao

My 30 shares I bought at 5 this morning are humming! Which Caribbean island do you guys think i should retire to with my AMC stonks?

1 Like

abolish the stock market

1 Like

What about the STONKS market?

2 Likes

In 1999 My ex girlfriend’s dad made 3.5 million off of stock for some shit company he worked for that no longer exists. Sold at close to the top of their price, to this day I have no idea what they did or how they traded st almost 80 bucks.

Stock is up 152% since 9:30 this morning

I’d be pretty OK with any deal Warren made to sell BRK I suspect. You and I would get some really really nice checks.

https://twitter.com/ericbalchunas/status/1354187341582233611?s=21

2 Likes

You know we’re near the top when bogleheads are getting in.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=337253&start=400

1 Like

beyond meat is one of the stocks that’s always befuddled me, like non alcoholic beer. who buys that shit lol

This is a good example of why if you are a couch potato investor you should ignore all news. Even dedicated passive investors start to doubt themselves when markets go wonky. No one is immune to “this time is different” rationalizations.

Dillards over $100 too

what can I do but laugh

so i’m completely ignorant about this stuff - but if gme happened doesn’t it mean the reddit incels can basically do it for every stock that they recognize is being heavily shorted?

that’s why a bunch of those are also going up

even if reddit isn’t pushing it

Yep and this is why stonks like AMC Blackberry and Dillards are ripping upwards. Essentially they are identifying stonks that hedge funds declared dead and started shorting because they were expecting them to go bankrupt. Enter Reddit to buy all these irrelevant stonks to save them from bankruptcy and defeat the hedge funds shorting them.

1 Like