Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

When gamestop dominates digital gaming it could easily be worth way more than it is now.

TSLA is a profitable company that is growing every year. It’s almost certainly overpriced, but there is a world where in ten years TSLA is dominating the battery and car market and the stock price is much higher than today.

GME is losing money and it’s revenue has declined every year for the last 5. GME is closer to bankruptcy than being a successful company. I don’t see any world where GME is worth more in 10 years than it’s current market cap (not counting something where GME uses it’s overpriced stock to acquire a different company).

1 Like

Yes, some companies will allow you to set aside a percentage of salary and at the end of the quarter you get to buy shares at a discount. My current employer let’s us do up to 15% of salary and then we get the shares at quarter end for 5% off the market price.

1 Like

Similar, but the gme case is more extreme. There’s at least a story to believe in tsla even if it’s fantasy.

Does the closing price have any significance for shorts having to liquidate their positions? Does it matter if GME closes at 130 vs reaching an intraday peak of 130?

138 when i read it

You misspelled 140

Oh my.

STONKS

ONLY

GO

UP

dropped $20 and halted

1 Like

Literally more volatile than cryptocurrency

Based on a random Reddit post it does matter. I don’t know anything else besides a single Reddit post. But in times like this that’s the best financial advice you’ll get.

2 Likes

Going back up this is such a funny sweat

WRONG. 132, actually.

I actually had no idea that TSLA actually was profitable. All this time I thought it was money loser, but I may have just lumped it into Uber and Doordash category.

Tesla is only profitable from selling tax credits but there is a conceivable path towards sustained large profits, unlike lol door dash and others.

Are those tax credits going away? Didn’t they make twice as much from selling tax credits in 2020 compared to 2019?

I spent the whole day with my colleague getting various account issues sorted out, but now I’m up and running and bought a total of 60 BB shares at an avg price of $18.087

am holding with all my retard strength.

:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

2 Likes

If GME does a 3x from here, it would be worth the same as Best Buy in terms of market cap.

So if it closes where it’s at now there could be absolute carnage after hours, right? lol I didn’t care about this dumb stock until I heard about how hugely it’s being shorted, nothing makes me happier than thinking about shorts getting crushed. Sorry to all the haters and losers!