Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

Vanguard!

1 Like

I guess the more virus the better for UK stocks!

Edit: fixed my image. I guess the FTSE 100 is UK and the FTSE MIB is Italy

I’m going to open a Roth IRA and max it this year. Does anyone have any suggestions on which company to use? I assume I can just direct deposit the $6k over the next 12 months directly from my paycheck?

Schwab, Fidelity, or Vanguard. Assuming you don’t make too much, (and therefore would have to do a backdoor), yes you can just direct deposit from your paycheck to the Roth account.

1 Like

I recommend Vanguard. Others have similar prices, but only because of Vanguard. They forced all the shithead wall street companies like Fidelity or Schwab to stop ripping you off at every turn to be competitive. So it’s nice to support them.

You can direct deposit 500 a month, that’s what I do. You can’t do it from your paycheck directly (I don’t think), but you can have it withdrawn from your bank account automatically every month on a particular date. Most Vanguard mutual funds have a $3000 minimum investment, but the target retirement funds have a $1000 minimum. And since it’s a Roth you can move it around however you like once you build up enough of a balance to buy more than one fund.

2 Likes

As long as your payroll handler allows you to direct funds to different places, you can. I can, for example. We use ADP for payroll.

1 Like

Tesla STONKing like crazy this morning. I think everyone’s stimulus money is just going straight to Tesla and Bitcoin at this point.

Banks absolutely ripping, gold tanking

This headline around 9 AM today said the exact same thing except replace surge with slump. Not kidding I went back there now to grab an image to post in the thread for irony and they had changed it.

It is endlessly amusing to me that if you told a TSLAQ guy a year ago that the Tesla price would be $750 today he’d say you’re insane and there’s no path for that to happen. You wouldn’t even have to tell him there was a 5 way split.

3 Likes

STONKING on the Democratic sweep, you love to see it

2 Likes

huh I guess the Democrats are the party of wall street these days

After 4 years of being told how the stock market shows what a great job Trump is doing for MURIKANS, we will soon go back to the stock market only being for rich people while REAL PEOPLE suffer.

I keep being told my QCLN hardly has an TSLA - but then every time TSLA moons it moons. Sounds like fake news.

Dems are bad for stonks!

laughs in EVs weed and solar

I’m up 6% today… this seems sustainable.

I’m 99% sure I’ll feel silly about this. But I just sold everything I could sell w/o tax implications or worrying about jump out/jump in on funds. I plan to buy back in a week or two. I don’t like what’s happening. If the military and police are in on this coup things could get really really weird.

I just got this mask and promotional BS FedExed from WeWork. Spending their money wisely I see. No idea why. I’ve never been to a WeWork afaik. I’ve definitely never paid to be in one. I did read a couple of WeWork articles last week.

Marketing budgets don’t spend themselves!

I guess I’ll go ahead and front load my Roth this year then :laughing:

Bitcoin is still absolutely ripping. 37k. I took profits just two days ago and now my balance is getting close to what it was before I sold

1 Like