Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

I think you left out some important stuff:

That certainly makes it seem like you are going to need a “residence permit” at some point.

Ah

Swiss bank accounts, last I checked, do have a lot of fees for foreign account holders (especially if you want to hold in something other than Francs). So it makes that option less desirable. The dream for me would be the kind of free checking account I can get if I go down to my local bank or credit union.

I haven’t looked in a long time. Maybe things are different now.

Guess I’ll just have to go with Bitcoin - problem solved.

How many diamonds can you smuggle up your ass?

350 give or take

1 Like

They’re both owned by the same group, feel like they should be combined for this kind of chart

That group also had more than 13 billion in profit last year and Tesla, did not…

1 Like

I mean if the concern that the US dollar hegemony collapses then I think the smart play is gold, guns and ammo.

I suspect it actually is taxable. You’re exchanging appreciated foreign currency for goods and services rather than dollars, but it shouldn’t matter for tax purposes. If you swap a valuable family heirloom for goods or services, any gain is taxable.

OK, so foreign bond fund in a Roth or 401k solves all those issues, right?

Kinda hard to keep all that in your car when you’re a nomad traveling through lots of different countries.

just bury it in the desert

In which continent?

probably best to have multiple stashes

Just get a tesla for a 2nd ride and summons it to you with your stash as required. And in the meantime it can be out making money for you as you roam.

2 Likes

I’ll pay the Nigerian doctor I’ve been emailing with to stash some for me in Africa.

1 Like

You know any Euro bond funds with good rates and low ERs?

Pretty sure euro bond funds have zero or negative yields right now

Vanguard has a total foreign bond fund that’s like 60% Europe. Been 100% stonk for years now so I haven’t looked at this stuff much lately.

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/portfolio/vtabx