International Soccer: POCH

Didn’t watch, but dang, tough losing 2-0 for Scotland while winning xG 2.23-0.95

It’s Monday and we’ve got a tripleheader of Euro matches, immediately followed by a doubleheader of Copa. Can’t beat that.

1 Like

MLS player making appearances in euros is strange

(sorry wasn’t meant as a reply)

Not when he plays for the Fire!!!

2 Likes

As a Montreal Impact fan, former Impact player Laurent Ciman actually getting a start in Euro '16 for Belgium was one of the more bizarre things I’ve seen. And yes, he was by far the worst player on the pitch.

1 Like

Still can’t get into MLS despite sincerely trying.

That being said, MLS has usually sent maybe 4 players to Copa America and this time around, they’re sending 16.

Seems like MLS is in a great spot to accumulate talent in all of the Americas that isn’t quite ready for Europe.

Every time they say poohatch (puchacz) I crack up.

I’m an adult.

1 Like

International soccer is so much better than leagues. Ban all the leagues and let’s just have constant tournaments.

1 Like

poohatch has made a real difference here

man I can’t stop laughing

What was the 2nd yellow for?

Slovakia sending in their MLS guy to close it out! MLS!

And good at developing players at this point. Look at what Zlatan has done since going to Milan! Needed that seasoning in MLS.

1 Like

Tactical hold

Unfortunately getting the ball stuck between your feet and missing obvious chances will do that

:see_no_evil:

Speaking of MLS, looks like Bayern Munich are buying Justin Che (17 yo American Dallas FC Defender currently on loan with them). Future is bright for him.

Don’t play such a high line and react more quickly. But you can’t prevent all of these from happening, and modern coaches feel the pros of building attacks from the back far outweigh the cons of occasionally getting caught out by a near-perfect long distance chip.

My understanding of xG is that expectancy is based on a nominal average (for the level) striker’s return. No offence to our Scottish friends but I’m not sure Scotland’s strikers would average close to 2.23 even over a decent sample (Robertson was probably between 0.5 and 1 to score his big chance though).

There are a few problems with xG .

spain without the superstars still dominating

Your 1st euros?

1 Like