Individual Economics in the Age of COVID-19

The address change is elite

2 Likes

Actually, I should have done:

Dante Infernisto
Hellhole Property Management
123 Diablo Street, Suite 666
Philadelphia, PA

In Trump’s America running water is a luxury.

Even in the White House you have to flush the toilets like 14 or 15 times.

1 Like

These analogies are like calling a raise with Qs5s because it’s soooted.

2 Likes

Update: potential new landlord contacted them again, again no reply. Meanwhile, current building has reduced the effective rate for new applicants to less than I’m currently paying by offering two months free. I think economic realities are slowly beginning to set in.

Looks like I had bad timing on my lease ending, they’d probably have been more willing to negotiate in another month. But seeing as they’re still dicking around trying to block my move, who knows?

She emailed them and they didn’t respond?

She called them again, I think she also emailed but I’m not 100% sure. I’m considering getting her on the phone on Monday, walking into the office and handing it to someone.

At this point the stall has to be obvious to her. This is only going on because it suits her purposes and she’s still looking for other tenants.

1 Like

Just show the new landlord your bank statements demonstrating your rent payments.

2 Likes

I offered already, no response yet.

For sure.

I think at this point you definitely need to have a backup plan. Just another place you know exists with an owner that would be grateful to have you.

Yeah there are a ton of listings in the suburbs at prices below $2,000, so I’m not too worried. I’m going to start touring new places next week.

Update: lost my hot water again. Meanwhile, the water stain on the floor is spreading, indicating the leak continues. That’s a separate contractor so looks like I get to have two maintenance visits this weak.

How many you guys think I can get to before moving out at the end of September?

Your AA doesn’t look so good after the flop action.

1 Like

987sss

I do not have a spade.

Js

5d

4bet pot, checks to river, opponent jams 3x pot, I fold.

Opponent proudly shows 7d5h. Waitress glances over, sees his hand, stumbles and spills a tray of drinks on me.

Opponent dusts it all off to someone else like three hands later, as I’m dealt out drying off.

1 Like

They wanted to do the same exact thing a third time, I let them know that if there was a fourth I’d be camped outside their leasing office letting prospective tenants know how fun it is to live here. Suddenly they’re going to replace the hot water heater.

I hate this society where I have to be an asshole to be treated well, but it’s the one we live in.

1 Like

Update: prospective new landlord just called me and said “Good news! But also bad news…”

They rented the house to someone else last week, but they have another one they think I’ll love. I told her we had a deal, she said she never had money from me, I told her yeah because you wouldn’t take it - you knew I was ready to cut a check any day. She pushed the other house on me and I asked her why I’d ever do business with her now?

She of course blamed my current landlord so I repeated that we had a deal, there’s no way I’m doing business with someone who strings me along and goes back on a deal, so bye, and hung up on her.