In Which We Ponder If Those Criticizing Police Are The Baddies

gimme a phone call sometime, you’ve got my number. would be a blast lol :heart:

I may do that, but I’m less fun in person and much less fun on the phone. :( Be better if I get a beer or two in me.

1 Like

It’ll be good. Do not trip lol

I’m a motherfucking talker, tho, boy

Some day - but for now - really the dog already knows something is up and is waiting for me.

yeah. fun chat. we’ll pick it up later

go take care of the diggity dog

Explain why the police shoots 10000 dogs/year. Are US dogs exceedingly violent? Do other countries have a more homogeneous dog population?

2 Likes

because we’ve got 800,000 fledgling serial killers posing as cops, I guess.

maybe the neighborhoods have pit bulls… oh they do.

It was never right, man.

I listened to NPR today, and caught a brief tease about policing in Africa. let me save you the suspense, it’s horrible

the layers and layers of issue that need to be corrected for any marked, sustainable improvement to occur is as tall as Everest. that’s no exaggeration lol

I think it plays out a lot like North Ireland after The Troubles, honestly. Disband the thugs in uniform and replace them with something less horrible. I’m sorry, but I can’t envision a society where the fucking SS MPD can execute you in broad daylight if you’re black. This is not sustainable.

well-written, and those last 2 sentences were jarring, but that’s embellishment

being immersed in thought about the struggle 24/7 is not the experience of the majority of americans, and the majority of americans - black and white - are definitely not actors in the struggle. gotta get some distance from it.

they discard minorty-cop-minority-perp negative outcomes. you think this misdirected bullshit is gonna lift any of them up? it’s a release of rage because of the station too many of them occupy, and they refuse to take the necessary responsibility, accountability and corrective action.

I’m getting tired. This shit is tough to articulate without offending people and omitting details lol

it’s titanic in scope, and I’m often inclined to just forsake the exercise of trying, because of mankind’s historical failure to achieve anything close. bunch of scholars opining on what needs to be done. It’s a fucking hobby

power is going to win.

I’m just going to turn this back on you: how do you envision a society where the cops can murder you in the streets for no fucking reason? I can’t accept that, no one can. The path we’re on is not sustainable. As a white guy I get that I’m comfortable and change is scary, but this shit is not sustainable. A hard rain is going to fall.

1 Like

I’d envision the communities most adversely effected by the phenomena do a better job preserving self, but I’ve been disappointed in the past. Elect a mayor… elect a local government… put in place employees and train them. I mean it’s been done.

There’s a reason there’s no grocery store within miles of certain urban centers. It wasn’t made safe like Europe after WW2 for business.

err that might’ve been WW1, either way

1 Like

that may very well be the case, and power will win

like I said, if this was for economic justice, I’d be applauding. But it’s misguided stupidity, targeting a multi-racial institution of 800,000 souls. And sadly it’s par for the American course

Undoubtedly, I think it’s impossible to untangle that from the other factors.

I think it’d be a mistake to equate police killing people with the problems with US police writ large though, in fact, at the risk of sounding callous, I think it’s even a relatively minor factor. It’s just that those are useful flashpoints around which animosity to the police coalesces, they’re right-in-your-face injustices that it’s difficult to handwave away. But like if a genie came to me and offered me a choice between reducing one of two things to a level commensurate with other advanced countries, either 1) police shootings or 2) mass incarceration, I’d take door number 2 and I don’t think it’s remotely close. Shootings are individual tragedies, but mass incarceration is just an ongoing supernova of human misery and social problems.

This is also a good post. In some ways the clearest illustration of the problem with US police.

To be fair, if everyone knew that they were watching a “lynching”, shouldn’t they have tried to intervene in some way?

who wants to chat??!

I do not work the 22nd

loooool sry, bro, I love you, but I’m not likely to entertain this type absolute pronouncement from anybody on literally any subject matter, let alone a 3-week-old addition to the vernacular of part time activists.

no pretended activist brother

will ever have your crown…

…or Nefretiri.