Impeachment Watch by The Numbers

Some of them (a lot, maybe a majority) are for opening an impeachment inquiry, not voting on Articles of Impeachment right now.

For districts like that, I normally say to be very forgiving of shitty positions because the alternative is worse. (For example, Joe Manchin in West Virginia).

But a quick look at this guy’s Wikipedia page and he’s absolutely horrible. I don’t think a replacement Republican would be any worse.

Putin basically just told us to look at his conversations with Trump. I think we should listen.

I think he got run off. I liked him, but he rubbed some people the wrong way.

I know Tulsi came out against it but this guy is way worse than she is and unlike her he reps a pretty conservative district. He would defintely lose his next election if he supported impeachment

90%+ of these people are on the record for milquetoast things like “I support following the facts wherever they lead”. They don’t support impeachment.

Like, Connor Lamb is only on the record as saying he support’s Schiff’s investigation. If we want to call that being in the record as supporting impeachment fine.

It’s obviously an improvement over the preexisting status quo, but we’re not close to being there yet.

Did you get to the part where Peterson dated Katherine Harris?

Well that explains it. She just hadn’t looked carefully before now.

2 Likes

But just so you know, here’s the rest of what she said:

This inquiry must be swift, thorough, and narrowly-focused. It cannot be turned into a long, protracted partisan circus that will further divide our country and undermine our democracy.

Fuck off Tulsi, you must have just gotten the go ahead from Putin.

3 Likes

That Gabbard, whose politics are essentially Keedian contrarian trolling of the left, is now on board is a sign that the politics of impeachment are shifting bigly. House impeaches and 5 Rs vote in the Senate to convict (and also prevent Moscow Mitch from refusing to hold a vote) is my prediction.

Putin has clearly decided that the time to sell trump out has arrived. The Russians saying that they didn’t want their conversations with trump released was them actively throwing wood on his pyre.

I was being sarcastic. Welcome back, btw!

CNN, it’s 10 dude. Try to keep up.

1 Like

Live look at impeachment thread reopening

3 Likes

uh oh

Service Unavailable. What did it say? What did you do???

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1177706990803533824?s=20

Not sure why the link above wasn’t working, it’s an article in the Nevada Independent about Amodei’s stance

1 Like

Let’s count it up:

Dems: 224, with 10 to go
GOP: 2 (Amodei of Nevada and Gabbard of Hawaii)
Ind: 1 (Amash)

3 Likes

I just didn’t want to give clicks to Sheldon Adelson’s rag

MAGA Habes seems to have some real reporting for once:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1177689562086285312