Impeachment Watch by The Numbers

Oklahoma woman tweeted out that we need to find a “bipartisan solution” going forward. And some bs about finger pointing or something. I can’t imagine she ever goes on record.

Xposting this.
https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1176850822929571840?s=19

IL, NJ, NY, and OR Dems who haven’t come out in support of impeachment yet, WTF are you even doing?

Conor Lamb, WTF are you doing?

I’m can’t be arsed to get out a congressional district map and see where these fuckers are from, because even if they are Dems from a blue state, they still might be in R+ rural districts. But even if they are, fuck them.

Pretty sure he’s in a Trumpy district that we flipped. I wonder if some of those representatives might not say anything about it until the vote is taken, then vote to impeach.

So I just want to point out that “being on the record for impeachment” is a really vague term and I think this list is misleading. I read an article in the Sun yesterday that detailed all of Maryland’s reps’ positions on impeachment. Basically all of them were on the record saying shit like “we need to follow the facts wherever they take us, including possibly an impeachment inquiry”. These were all quotes from well before the latest scandal, but all of those reps have been on the list as “for impeachment” for a long time.

Not the best day to be a downer, and things are changing rapidly right now, but take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Cheri Bustos of Illinois and Henry Cuellar of Texas can be dropped from the list of holdouts.

19 remain now that Terri Sewell of Alabama (last Democratic Intelligence Committee hold out) and Peter Visclosky of Indiana can be dropped from the list of holdouts.

216 are now on the record with 2 more that will or should be for sure.

That makes 217 House votes (including Amash). One more on the record vote, and they can put something real on the House floor regarding anything related to impeachment.

18 remain now that Daniel Lipinsky of Illinois can be dropped from the holdouts.

That’s 217 Democratic members of the House and 1 independent. There are 218 votes now available in the House.

Frederica Wilson of the soft floor has removed herself from this list. She’s Democratic member number 218.

Just a lowly 17 remain…

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1176962916324696070

1 Like

13 remain after Al Lawson of Florida and Sharice Davids of Kansas, Vicente Gonzalez (TX) D+17, Tom O’Halleran (AL) R+1 [former Republican 2 termer as a Blue Dog Dem], removed themselves from the list. 220 is the number right now.

The Holdouts:

Tulsi Gabbard (HI) D+32
Jared Golden (ME) R+10 [freshman]
Collin Peterson (MN) R+31 [feuds with GOP, kind of refuses to give up his seat]
Jefferson Van Drew (NJ) R+5 [freshman]
Xochitl Torres Small (NM) R+10 [freshman, notable for the AP calling her race for her opp.]
Max Rose (NY) R+10 [freshman]
Anthony Brandisi (NY, soft floor) R+16 [freshman]
Kendra Horn (OK) R+13 [freshman]
Kurt Schrader (OR) D+4
Conor Lamb ¶ R+3 [unofficial freshman]
Joe Cunningham (SC) R+13 [freshman Blue Dog, backed Bustos over Pelosi for Speaker]
Ben McAdams (UT) R+7 [freshman Blue Dog]
Ron Kind (WI) R+5

Realistically, the only ones left that will potentially come out are Brandisi, Schrader. Gabbard already stated she’s not for impeachment, and Horn basically did the same thing. Lamb had a famously bad town hall response to it. It would take courage for any of the others to join.

https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1176954884744208385?s=19

https://twitter.com/JonIsAwesomest/status/1176975637141061632?s=19

1 Like

Some of these people are going to look really stupid if the report is as bad as some are saying. They are betting on the report staying classified.

Kurt Schrader of Oregon is number 223. He will probably be the last one to go on the record without any additional unexpected spinal infusions.

The Dirty Dozen:

Tulsi Gabbard (HI) D+32
Jared Golden (ME) R+10 [freshman]
Collin Peterson (MN) R+31 [feuds with GOP, kind of refuses to give up his seat]
Jefferson Van Drew (NJ) R+5 [freshman]
Xochitl Torres Small (NM) R+10 [freshman, notable for the AP calling her race for her opp.]
Max Rose (NY) R+10 [freshman]
Anthony Brandisi (NY, soft floor) R+16 [freshman]
Kendra Horn (OK) R+13 [freshman]
Conor Lamb ¶ R+3 [unofficial freshman]
Joe Cunningham (SC) R+13 [freshman Blue Dog, backed Bustos over Pelosi for Speaker]
Ben McAdams (UT) R+7 [freshman Blue Dog]
Ron Kind (WI) R+5

Omazgad, Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania grew a spine and is number 224. 11 left

In like a Lamb, out like a lion.

1 Like

Ok, so now what. Hold the vote and impeach the daughterfucker.

Surprised nunnehi hasn’t done a victory lap here given the news.

Collin Peterson MN is basically a republican (gun nut, pro life, stong fiscal conservative LOL, warmonger, doesn’t believe in climate change). Dudes district is a bunch of farm land full of shithole deplorables. Dems in MN used to be the farmers party so I guess he’s still holding onto that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the last Dem standing against impeachment