I Voted!

Don’t be ashamed. Be proud that you finally did vote.

2 Likes

Submitted my absentee ballot at the embassy on Friday.

Since my New York state one didn’t get emailed as I requested (or mailed at all), I had to fill in a FWAB (Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot) where you manually type in the people you want to vote for and the positions they’re running. A real pain in the ass and sheer incompetence from New York but I still got it in. Also got to mail it internationally postage paid by submitting it 4 weeks before the election.

Regardless, I learned why voter turnout among overseas citizens is only 7%.

4 Likes

Soon…

5 Likes

Just slapped on my sticker and marched my completed ballot down to my closest dropbox (conveniently located at the public library for the sick governmental services crosspromotion).

In honor of you folks, I used my best Mr. McMahon strut for the last few steps.

10 Likes

Put my and my wife’s ballot in the mail today in NY. I know in person voting is preferable, but the election is three weeks away. The ballot is going to get there in that time frame and I didn’t want to wait for early voting in NY (which doesn’t start til October 24th). My presidential vote doesn’t matter, but I”m in a highly competitive congressional district.

6 Likes

Heard the Dem Lt Gov of PA on the Intercept podcast telling Ryan Grim he thinks people should definitely vote early by mail.

His take was that the GOP was using fear of riggage to deter people from voting by mail, because they want Dems to vote on e-day where (a) there’s already a statistical like 5% chance that somebody who says they’re committed to voting doesn’t make it on e-day for whatever reason, and (b) on e-day, they can cause more chaos to reduce turnout (long lines in black neighborhoods, gun toting “election security” monitors intimidating voters, etc).

I think everyone here will be crawling over broken glass to vote against Trump, on e-day or otherwise, so it doesn’t matter what you do. But for your less political friends, I think the Lt Gov is right. Tell them to vote NOW by mail, and walk them through what they need to do to avoid having their ballot rejected.

1 Like

Posted in another thread a couple of days ago.

4 Likes

I have my voting/election day plan in place. My polling place is seven minutes away.

I’ll be up at 5:30 and in line to vote around 6am, an hour before polls open. The goal is to be first and get in and out first so I can avoid getting pozzed while casting an indisputable in person Biden vote in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Then I’ll watch my friend’s daughter for a few minutes while he runs in to vote. 538 has her survival odds at 95%. We’ll then pick up some curbside coffee and breakfast, and sit on my deck for a bit to discuss the day ahead. He says his daughter gets a red, white and blue donut to celebrate. I’m lobbying for solid blue.

I’ll then text bank, phone bank, or mask up and door knock most of the day. I’ll grab an afternoon nap, likely get back at it as work lets out. When polls close my buddy and his wife and I will do an outdoor watch “party” with swing state beers/food and a good playlist of protest music and swing state specific songs.

Hopefully by 11pm we’re drunk, bloated, happy and listening to songs about states like Georgia and Texas.

7 Likes

Having already voted, my election day plan is to sleep until noon and start day drinking.

I may go to the local bars around 7pm with my Biden shit on and pick some fights, but I’ll probably get pozzed by a deplorable if I do that.

4 Likes

Don’t get pozzed, and start day drinking a couple hours later and get a little text/phone banking in!

Early voting is all this week.

I live in a red county so of course there are like 10 places to go to vote early any day this week and I should be in and out in 10 mins.

Also, early voting is every day but Sunday from now until 10/30.

Every metro county has the same (the rest do Sundays also) so it’s going to be frustrating seeing 10,000 people in line to vote with broken machines on Election Day in Gwinnett/Fulton/Dekalb when they had 3 weeks in October to vote.

The days of voting on Election Day should be over given all the shenanigans that go on.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re a better caretaker than you give yourself credit for. I’d say she’s at least 98% to survive if it’s just for a few minutes.

1 Like

Do party members hand out leaflets outside polling stations in America? Or too dangerous (lol but serious).

it used to be legal 100 ft from polling place i think. maybe still is.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

It should only be a few minutes, she’ll be in their car and I’ll be watching her through the window, so it should be totally fine. On the one hand I have no experience whatsoever, on the other I don’t have to feed her, get her to sleep, get her to stay in one place on my own, etc. I just have to make sure she stays in the locked car with the windows down, nobody comes around her, and if I can make her smile or laugh then that’s a bonus.

1 Like

Oh interesting. In Australia they can stand right outside the door basically.

Ya you probably right lol.

My wife and I dropped off our absentee ballots at a local drop box on 10/3. The Georgia voter page says ours were received on 10/7 and the status is “accepted.”

EDIT: I’m in Lucy McBath’s district, so straight purple district at this point. My local precinct/district/whatever its called is redder, though, so I’m not holding out hope that we’ll flip our state seats.

7 Likes

8 Likes

early voting started here today, drove by at 9:30 (polls opened at 9:00) and the line was around the building, I’ll come back later.

1 Like