I resign

What are the rules of this poll? How long does it need to be open?

1 week is the standard

There are different kinds of mandates. Arguably, the failure to establish clear rules and guidelines for moderation have given mods a free mandate.

2 Likes

If the mod was a more valuable piece like a rook or better still a queen I’m sure jal would understand.

1 Like

Seems like every day a new RFC pops up in my feed and you guys still don’t have rules for moderation?

Is that a violation of an officially adopted rule? Or just decorum and precedent? If the latter, then it’s 100% fine with me. When I voted for the guy whose main campaign promise was that he would ban people, I (and this will shock you) wanted him to ban people. I didn’t vote for him to hold a separate vote whether to ban people. I voted for him to ban them. If he found some valid mechanism to do it, good. I wish all politicians I voted for fought to uphold their campaign promises like that.

3 Likes

I think technically it’s supposed to be an RFC, then stays open a week, and needs 60%, but I could be wrong. Just search for Demod Wookie or Demod Keeed and you should be able to find the process followed previously.

Did you vote for Yuv too? Cbf finding the polls

Just nuke a few people in favor of the nukes and we can call it a night. Fair’s fair.

No.

1 Like

It’s so much more complicated than that, the RFC process is a failure.

2 Likes

A week seems reasonable, and skipping to the final poll seems reasonable. I think he said 60% overall or 50% of regs.

Correct, 60% of all posters or 50% of what I view as active posters on my own review of the count.

1 Like

Is that what you ran on? I thought you ran on kumbaya handholding. You’re the Biden of mods.

And so the filibuster remains.

You could start an RFC to change that.

This might not work too well if we assume the same voter pool.

I think part of the reason the RFC process is a failure is that we didn’t establish good enough rules for voting. We probably need some equivalent of a constitutional convention if we want to solve this as a forum, or empower certain people to create rules for the entire forum.

A forum rules convention would do something like establish qualifications for regular posters and setup a number of forum questions that need to be answered, then vote for them all as a simple up/down vote amongst those who qualify as forum regulars to put them to rest.

I have no idea what meb or didn’t do and it seems as if this is from his arbitrary and capricious behavior or something which I completely support in a mod.

Normal posters need to have fear that they can’t skirt moderation rules by the skin of their teeth via artful internet shithead posting. Good. Fuck them. Life is too short for that shit.

Jal sucked. Churchill sucked. Fuck that shit. See ya assholes. Again, life’s too short for that. No one’s paid to mod them. Spirit of the forum, not the letter. Fuck that. Long live meb.

14 Likes

He’s destroying the forum by…banning people who don’t post here anymore except to troll/argue? One of them being temp banned at the time, who was on ban number 23?

Riverman, meb and bored have all campaigned on banning people. Riverman banned Churchill for the 23rd time, for a month on his way out. Now, some people didn’t like this. But until today we’ve had basically no problems since he was banned? Jal basically doesn’t post here anymore, he’s off to the captains forum for his discourse.

We’ve spent a few hundred posts today going crazy over two people who have barely posted here of late, don’t want to be here (jal has explicitly said this!) and are over 30 bans between them.

I’m sure they will make this place better by bans 35-40.

And if jal, Churchill or anyone else wanted a fresh start and actively worked towards actual good posting, I’d welcome it!

2 Likes