I resign

Jbro and swankywilder that I know about. Maybe mods can let us know if there are others.

This is correct. They were each 1 day bans.

I think that a community vote that’s, what, a couple or three weeks old should not be overturned by a mod, yes.

I didn’t think that was actually a requirement. As @otatop has pointed out, we don’t actually have any rules for mods on this site. I will log them right now.

1 Like

More Trump arguments. Solid.

At this point, I am voting no with the idea that maybe having meb as a mod will encourage people to actually support rules that define and limit mod power.

Here’s an old thread where I took a stab at it:

1 Like

Meb also lied about the ten year bans. He anonymized jal and church so the ban can’t be undone even once he’s voted out as mod. Big Mat Sklanksy energy.

I edited and added some very important context to the op.

If you still vote no then I don’t know what to say.

I’ve confirmed that meb anonymized both accounts in the site logs. Time for an admin to step in and demod meb imo.

@goreo @spidercrab @olink

3 Likes

For those long time posters voting no can I ask if you feel ok about his anonymizing the accounts when several other mods had serious concerns about his actions?

This is ok for you on a community owned site with several elected mods?

Meb stop fucking hiding posts. Jesus take a hint and maybe stop modding till this vote is done.

How do I Unhide a post?

I’m banning obvious troll accounts that signed up two minutes ago.

Are you saying jal and Churchill were anonymized and this can’t be undone? That seems inconsistent with a “10 year” ban.

Stop fucking banning accounts. There are other mods who can do that.

Lol at me ever listening to you on anything. I’m not going to fight your vote, but I am going to ban obvious troll accounts that sign up and immediately start posting to cause dram in about unstuck. Those accounts are obvious insta-nukes. The fact that there’s even another side that someone would choose to argue is what has caused this forum to go downhill. You’d rather protect the problems that only want to stir up shit on the forum. We had a poster register and immediately compare a poster being banned to cops shooting philando castile. But you want to have rational discussions with someone like that? Good luck!

2 Likes

Glad you feel you are a dictator.

That’s my understanding, yes. He Mat’d them.

Yes he knew other mods disagreed and he knew it would be contentious so he took the unprecedented step of totally nuking their accounts and a large number of the forum regulars are perfectly ok with this I guess. 🤷

My vote is open to change if I see movement on RFCs about mod powers.

Of course those accounts should be banned but not by you. That is so patently obvious that it’s irrevocable proof this is all a laugh for you.