I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Love this Bahamian sprinter wearing a big baggy tshirt.

Do they normally do track in downpours?

My partner did T&F in college and she confirmed that as long as their is no lightning they do indeed normally compete.

Michael Phelps has five more gold medals than the next highest person has combined medals.

omg

Wow at dude from Norway smashing the 400m hurdles WR by .6 seconds

Jesus christ 3 of the 4 fastest times ever in one race

No it’s way way crazier than that.

Up till June 2021, aka one month ago, the world record in 400m hurdles was the longest standing one, Kevin Young 46.78 from Barcelona 1992.

The record held for 29 years. Holm broke it last month at 46.70

He just ran 45.94.

But even crazier, Rai Benjamin ran 46.17. Dos Santos ran 46.72

All 3 just broke a world record that held for 29 years, and two of them smashed it to pieces. Insane.

3 Likes

He’s within 3 seconds of the regular 400m record lol

Commentary on kayaking: “Great start for Hungaria.” Sure thing, bud.

Welcome to NBC’s Olympic coverage, so fucking bad. If I didn’t have a login to their nbcolympics page I would be raging right now

Piling on ldo but I also hate how the coverage they show is produced like an episode of The Bachelor just following the storylines but not actually breaking down the competition itself and analyzing like, who is winning/about to win.

And this is coming from someone who watches The Bachelor.

I remember growing up how there was always palpable fear during the Olympics if USA#1 wasn’t “winning” the medal counts or whatever Coke-bottle jingoistic lens the simpletons see this through. Same people that write letters to the editors of their local newspapers to claim that the Olympics are rigged for [insert bogeyman country of choice]. It’s like an Arnold Palmer of stupid and racism instead of iced tea and lemonade. That’s the audience NBC is courting.

1 Like

Why would you want to watch live sports when you can watch a replay of steeplechase?

Watching the mens steeplechase track final right now. I’ve watched it before…but like what the fuck, the whole point of this event is who can run their best if we force you to run with wet socks and shoes.

2 Likes

I have it on some NBC sports channel. OMG KD.

To add, it’s NBCSN.

I think if someone Scooby Doos Ricky Rubio, they’re going to find Luka Doncic.

Did you talk to your remote? I could find it when I used the voice feature.

Tell me what this means (yes I know I could look online and find out but it’s a message board, I’m trying to conversate) If it’s good OMG KD that means I win monies. If it’s OMG KD because his leg snapped in two that’s bad for me.

And yeah the reason I can’t watch is because NBC brass is hilariously bad at their jobs.

1 Like