I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Oh good it’s not sinclair

Canada!

Hoooooooooooooold pls

While that actually was a foul unlike the pure 2012 riggage, it is some karma for that.

Sinclair hasn’t been good this tourney IMO. Looks too injured to move much or something. But I don’t know much about soccer.

Just old and slow. You can use those kind of guys in the men’s game (Zlatan and Giroud two current examples) as long as you have lots of running around them but just not as much athleticism in the women’s game.

She’s still also useful vs bad teams who sit back, but borderline should be on the bench vs good teams.

Yeah, she looked about 70 years old coming off just now.

I can’t remember the last time I was this nervous over a sporting event. Might have been the Jays in ‘92.

Get these old farts off this team. Absolutely pathetic they’re still being put out there.

A boring game where the USA had their best chance off of a low level cross and Canada got lucky they got fouled once.

Payback for 2012

Not even overtime of the 2010 men’s game?

Crazy how the US Men are the best team in the world and the women can’t even medal

Only got bronze in Rio

Agreeing to share the gold is lame.

Might have been close. That was a different type of nervous, though, they were supposed to be there.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olympics/2021/08/01/shot-putters-gesture-renews-controversy-over-podium-protests.html

The standoff over free speech between the International Olympic Committee and U.S. Olympic officials continued Tuesday, as the IOC grappled with what to do if the Americans refused to penalize an athlete for violating rules limiting demonstrations on the medal podium.

On Sunday night, Raven Saunders, a U.S. shot putter, delivered the first political demonstration on the podium at the Tokyo Olympics when she raised her arms and crossed them in the shape of an X shortly after receiving her silver medal.

If griffith-joyner records weren’t a thing, Elane Thompson performance so far would be bolt-like.

Gonna break the record easily in the finals

she’s def favorite to break the non joyner record (21.61)

Oh boy. Apparently the 2nd fastest in the semis has some high T controversy so prepare for that storm if she wins.

wtf it’s pouring rain and 6 discuss throws in a row didn’t make it out of the net why are they not stopping this