I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1421556163934658567

9 Likes

Also, if any 22 old timer happened to save the MS paint bisonbison crip walking gif, now would be a great time to post it.

Japan into the semifinals in soccer, though it’ll be a miracle if they can get past Spain.

lol no grey goose if you don’t get loose

1 Like

All Times Eastern

Track Schedule(All Times Eastern)

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/streaming-schedule

Always seemed destined for spain/Brazil final. Those teams are miles ahead of the others. That said, Spain probably should have lost. Both goals they scored in normal time looked like fifa glitches where the controller stopped working including tying it In the 93rd.

My daughter goes to school with Emma Coburn’s brother, so we’re rooting for her and Valerie Constien, who also went to CU Boulder, in the steeplechase about to start.

2 Likes

how does dressel get such a lead after 15-20 meters every time

USA :us: #1

He’s just that much better at starts and underwater, turns too.

Google his ncaa swims, they’re even more impressive. He makes a 25 yard pool look like a plunge pool.

Sorry Germany

Crazy to just blow by everyone like that after a mile of swimming.

1 Like

wow that was close

I mean, I get the people who are generally against the USA#1 jingoism of American Olympic coverage, but as long as it means that swimming takes center stage and water polo can be seen on TV every four years (or so), MURICA FUCK YEAH. DOMINATE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT SHIT. SPOTLIGHT REMAINS OVER HERE MOTHERFUCKERS!

(And congrats to the Aussies and others who swam well)

And that Tunisian guy! That race was awesome!

How did WR holder USA#1 end up in lane #1? They take it easy in the heats?

Different team in qualifiers.

Yeah I pretty much hate America at this point but still can’t help but cheer for them in these random sports

Are there any you competed in yourself that you feel a personal connection to? I swam and played water polo, so I’m never going to hate on any excuse for these to get prominent American TV coverage.

BMX is ridiculous

1 Like

I was a runner so big into the track stuff.

1 Like