I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Switzerland dominate and sweep the medals in women’s mountain bike.

Up next… Rugby quarterfinals!

Finally a gold medal for Germany.

1 Like

USA just got hosed by VAR in football

Shout-out to the Korean guy who left it all in the pool to have the lead for most of the race and have his name broadcast on tv across the world as a possible surprise gold medal winner and then finished second to last.

Probably what I’d do.

1 Like

His 4 splits:

Thats what everyone thought will happen with the Tunisian in the 400m. They barely mentioned him assuming he would fade out

Having a split screen with commercials and some swimmer standing around seems an interesting choice.

Great rugby game USA vs Great Britain

all tied up with 3:30 left

ETA: GBR just scored… USA blew a 21-0 lead

lolUSA

Yeah was a great game. I mean USA are legit. I believe they came second in the last proper season (every year is a circuit of I think 9 events)

Most-ever covid cases in Tokyo since the pandemic began, but these Olympic Games sure are exciting!

2 Likes

Wow Simone Biles just absolutely choking on the vault. Prob a point to a point and a half under her expected score.

Biles now out of the rest of the Team competition. What is NBC going to do with their 2 hours of air time tonight?

The Iranian made the finals and lost to the Japanese for a Silver medal

The Israeli not so much.

Wellington 7s in 2012 was one of the greatest sporting events I think I’ve ever seen. Can’t believe that it declined so much and then moved to a different city. If the other cities have a similar atmosphere, then I think everyone should check it out at least once in their lives, especially considering how much everyone seems to love 7s.

Wellington is a weird place for sports. Even all blacks have been known to not get great attendances there.

1 Like

Women’s weightlifting!

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Japan and US battling for the gold in women’s softball. Is it wrong that I’m rooting for Japan?

I’m glad I wasted an hour+ of my life watching that. Are the Japanese league games also this boring? Slow pitch would be so much better.

Have not looked. I am assume the deplorables are shitting all over Simone Biles?

Of course not, why do you ask?

https://twitter.com/thechrisbuskirk/status/1420035242434334720

1 Like