I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

USA just won gold in shooting.

No jokes will be made.

2 Likes

Exciting ending to the softball game. Really enjoying skateboarding right now.

Japan vs. USA tomorrow to decide women’s softball gold.

I think tomorrows game is still the opening round and the medal games on the 27th.

Japan just beat Canada and will play USA for the gold. Maybe I got the date wrong, thought I heard tomorrow.

Yeah. They play their opening round game tomorrow and then play again for the gold medal on the 27th.

Why have pelotons and teamwork seemed so useless in these races?

Cool analysis bro

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kPkSGeXb7efGmW5E9

OK, so they’ve both clinched the medal game but the opening round still continues regardless.

"Team USA has one game remaining in group play against 3-0 Japan. Each of the six teams in the tournament play each other once in group play, with the top two teams in the standings advancing to the gold medal game.

Japan would clinch a berth in the gold medal game with a win against Canada in its next matchup. If that’s the case, the winner of Japan’s and USA’s round-robin game would bat last in the gold-medal game. "

1 Like

Just saw it and yah it looks like he doesn’t even start going down until he’s already past the defender.

If I had to guess, I’d say he was maybe clipped ever so slightly and could’ve easily stayed on his feet, but then was like, hmm maybe I should sell this contact, and throws himself down.

Cross-posted in Golf:

Jon Rahm tests positive again, is out of the Olympics.

Pretty sure he got vaccinated after the first time, so this rather concerning.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1419214991559995396

watching ufc all day and judo at night is very confusing. they stop every time their belt is out of place. tj dillashaw was bleeding from his brain and won.

There are two finals in Judo today. one in Women 52k one in Men 66k. Uta Abe will compete in the women final. Her brother Hifuni Abe will compete for the gold medal in the Men.

For all your Judo fanatics out there, Uta just won the gold medal. Her brother will try to get his in 30 minutes

1 Like

That was an exciting match. First-ever gold for Japan at that weight class.

Fun fact: her brother Hifumi has an interesting name. It’s written using the Chinese characters for 1, 2, and 3.

一二三

Israeli is now fighting for the bronze in the 66k. Would be Israel’s 6th Judo olympic medal out of 10 total medals if he wins

he did not. pretty controversial judges decisions too. the canadian broadcaster thought they will dq the brazilian

Hifumi followed his sister to the gold. First-ever brother-sister gold medals on the same day.

There are so many commercials in Canada it’s close to unwatchable.