I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Quick first impressions:
3x3 basketball is super underwhelming.

It’s ridiculous how Russia is banned, but it’s apparently fine for Russian athletes to compete under a slightly modified name. It’s like expelling a student but letting him attend class if he wears a fake mustache.

1 Like

Weirdly, Japan would come in a distant second if sumo was an Olympic sport.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1418780517651070978

Not a single chance anybody in the group gets close.

Can you access this from non-Canada? You can filter by Canadian in the event or Medal event.

2 Likes

It’s weird watching swimming and not seeing Phelps Secretariat the field.

good stuff, tho. big upset in that one discipline, mens Japanese world-record-holder didn’t advance to the final, finishing 9th in the prelims, but needing a top-eight finish

1 Like

Nyjah Huston!!

caught some dressage on lolCNBC and the music was ed sheeran. goddamn redheads ruin everything.

1 Like

Fencing is another one that seems impossible to follow. Both fencers just mash the attack button and make contact at the same time.

2 Likes

Katie Ledecky will be swimming soon, tomorrow I think.

1 Like

Indeed, Mongolia might very well sweep the podium.

The Schedule Today

1 Like

Is women’s cycling road race shorter? Seems like it starts an hour or 2 later but is supposed to end at the same time.

Yes it’s a shorter race.

Gonna be a nice breezy 33 degrees (about 96F) in Tokyo today.

2 Likes

3 on 3 basketball is great. Also, so hyped for rugby.

On my trip to Vegas starting tomorrow, I am planning on making a small wager to get the 50 bonus tier credits in the quest for rewards. I might do a poll to let the forum pick my wager on something Olympics.

1 Like

Would Hak compete for Japan or Mongolia? Surely the ghost of his father would haunt him if he represented Japan.