I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

I have no idea about UK law, but in the US you might run into issues if you were specifically trying to delete stuff that would be the subject of a lawsuit after you know the lawsuit is likely. You might be able to argue that you deleted for unrelated reasons. I guess you could even argue that you were reducing harm to the plantiff by removing “mistaken” tweets once you realized you were wrong (thus demonstrating a lack of malice)… But, overall, just running around deleting stuff after you get word that a suit is coming is probably not great.

2 Likes

If the boxer’s lawyers don’t already have copies of those tweets from before filing the suit they are bad and should feel bad.

1 Like

I would guess they have plenty of screenshots. But also:

https://x.com/YumisLittleFan/status/1826072832520106182

1 Like

lol jfc

https://x.com/jk_rowling/status/1826949717265101227

1 Like

It’s a full-blown mental health disorder. There is no conceivable reason JK should be ready to set her money on fire over some trans panic nonsense.

2 Likes

My 70 year old brother has the same affliction. He’s already a complete misogynist and hasn’t dated for years but he somehow thinks he’s going to get labeled a transphobe if he goes on a date and discovers it’s a trans woman and he won’t agree to be intimate with her. Just beyond bizarre. Dude was a complete hound into his 30s, had a failed marriage to a woman with all the neurosis of our mother, and then an LTR that ended when the woman decided she wanted someone more stable and stuck him in the friend zone.

1 Like

I think that when you have a billion dollars, you don’t really care about the money because she could waste a couple hundred million dollars with no impact on her lifestyle. What a person like that may really care about is finding a purpose in life after you’ve become so wealthy. I think that those of us that are not into the conservative nonsense underestimate how much of a sense of community and purpose these people derive from their shared delusions.

2 Likes

Saw this tiktok of the blind sprinters in the paralympics. Very cool. Took me a minute to figure it out.

3 Likes

I’ll be in Paris in a few days. Maybe I can check some of this out.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the sitting volleyball analyst just said you have to take advantage when you have a blocker in front of you who’s missing a hand. Which sounds completely correct but is certainly odd to hear as part of sports analysis.

3 Likes