I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

I don’t think this true. She won a competition open to anyone in Australia. You can argue that she shouldn’t have won (although I doubt any of us have any clue how to score breaking), but I’ve seen no evidence it was rigged.

According to her wiki, she was also ranked the top breaker in Australia for the 2022 and 2023 and had competed for Australia in the World Championships the prior three years. I did a quick google search for results and in 2023 she finished 64th at the World Championships (but was the highest Aussie). In 2022 she finished in 72nd, but again was the top Aussie.

I think it was just that Australian breakers weren’t good (the person that came in second in the Olypmic qualifications that JordanIB posted the video of and claimed was clearly better, got 79th out of 80 at the 2023 World Championships) and she decided to have some fun with her performance knowing she would lose.

I think anytime you have a niche sports like this, you’re going to have some terrible athletes, unless you just want to make it a small competition.

A quick Google search will turn up video footage of Australian female break dancers at least marginally better than Raygun. Now whether they had interest in competing or not is a different question, but they certainly do exist.

All this tells me is breakdancing as a sport is an international clown show that deserves to be embarrassed.

Yah it’s all moot now. The days of the B-Boy and B-Girl olympians is behind us.

Australia should have gone with Nat.

3 Likes

Wait you can grow out of 3D Magic Eye?

I wouldn’t know. I got frustrated because I never saw anything so I gave up at the start.

Ok, we’ve found our rich old guy with free time…

2 Likes

Gold medal breakers:

1 Like

3 Likes

https://x.com/washingtonpost/status/1824519342609813644?t=tfFAAzh0r_dP5aD1X5tvPQ&s=19

2 Likes

Best Ray gun parody

from all the youtube videos it doesn’t sound like there is much risk in jumping from 10 meters.

You need to be jumping really weird for a 10 meter jump in water to hurt you. Trying to dive and failing badly is a different story.

https://x.com/travisakers/status/1826032061309923360?t=ZMBLTqCreJTB3iNjGWYvgA&s=19

2 Likes

Yeah, her completely removing herself from social media for 2 weeks makes me think that this lawsuit has some actual, real teeth to it. Maybe they can get her for attempts to destroy evidence to?

1 Like

Everything I know about spoliation, I learned from Better Call Saul.

Lawbros, is deleting tweets spoliation?

I’m going to guess no, but I’m not 100% sure.

1 Like

Im also guessing no since they should be trivial to recover

1 Like

good luck getting Elon to recover those emails.

1 Like

should be, sure, will elon actually intervene to permanently delete them? seems likely!

1 Like