I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Massive choke by Indonesia there. I’m on the edge of my seat now.

Shooting 10m Air Riffle Women’s Final starts in 5 minutes. I have no idea what this is but I believe this will be the first medals of the games.

1 Like

let us know when the AK-15 event starts

1 Like

As always, Canadian coverage is the nuts. Just finished watching bits of rowing, badminton, weightlifting, fencing, volleyball and beach volleyball on the CBC app, all crystal clear and synced perfectly. This is going to be a fun two weeks.

2 Likes

Yuge comeback by USA #2. We’re going to OT.

alright we got two israelis about to go on the floor routine in gymnastics. no one told me what a good score is yet so i expect 5000 points

Are they real Israelis, or the fake naturalized ones?

i mean it’s hard to answer that without sounding racist. they are both russian born but they are def israeli in any sense that isn’t racist.

By fake I mean the kind like the most questionable ones that Maccabi Tel Aviv gets on their roster as local.

ya i know. they were both born in russia but their family immigrated when they were teenagers.

eta - well actually none of them were born in russia. one in ukraine and one in uzbekistan

That more than legit enough for me.

Apologies if I was unintentionally racist.

Indonesians perfect in OT. USA out. This was unexpectedly entertaining.

first israeli got 13.5

that’s like 3.5 points better than what nadia comaneci got at her prime!

US lost in the first round of archery as -1300 favorites lol.

After watching like 10 min of archery, I can say with absolute certainty that that line was ripe for the pounding.

1 Like

oh damn second israeli got 15.2 that seems high

That jacked Tongan guy who walks the opening ceremony half naked and oiled is probably most affected by the sex ban.

That’s a weekly competition in the USA#1. You know, like golf and car races.

Some of these turns in the road race are pretty sharp. Looked tough for the peloton to maneuver them without crashing.

By my count there are six different Japanese channels broadcasting the various sports all day long, Good to be in the host country!