I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

It may be because they don’t yell “Showtime!” before their routine.

1 Like

i definitely know people that could medal with this competition

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! AN AMERICAN WON A GOLD MEDAL IN WEIGHTLIFTING!

Women’s 71kg (156.2lbs). She goes for 117kg (257.4lbs) in the Snatch and 145kg (319lbs) in the Clean & Jerk. My absolute best PRs were 121 and 154 and that was with me weighing around 88-90kg!

3 Likes

Have the weirdos started asking what her chromosomes look like yet, or does she get a pass because she’s white?

1 Like

I don’t know, but I’m assuming the response is a spectrum.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 155233

3 Likes

https://x.com/cookoutsessions/status/1821958711528800478?t=Lqh2LxxvKWXa2-8PrR2UdA&s=19

5 Likes

This breakdancing stuff makes me incandescently angry.

There has been a campaign to include formation skydiving in the olympics for at least 40 years. We have established national and international competitions, an objective judging format, tech that would allow real time streaming of the videographer’s feed, and it’s fucking exciting.

Instead we get this bullshit.

1 Like

Yeah werent they doing synchronized jumping stuff way back in the days of the Xgames?

X Games are still around!

looks like they did bungee (didn’t think that was the spelling) jumping and skysurfing which is skydiving with a board on your feet?

Devastated to learn that breaking will not be returning to the 2028 games

being reported that the closing ceremony will have some Mad Max-like imagery with special guest Tom Cruise doing stunts on the stadium’s roof :vince1:

Watching soccer when the field is split contrast like this is so annoying.

Is this already confirmed? lol

As long as there’s plenty of Satan-worshipping blasphemy, I’m in.

This Raygun (the Aussie breakdancer) shit is possibly the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen. If you want to see all her performances, there are 6 total at 30 min, 1h20, and 2h05 in the “Women’s Qualification” video.

Breakers are supposed to have swagger, but Raygun has all the swag of a middle aged housewife. In fact the whole thing seems like if you selected a random old lady, gave her a week to practice, and thrust her into this competition. My fave part my be when she busts out this move and then looks around like she just did something:

When I saw it I was thinking “wait, I could do that”, and sure enough I can, and I’m an out of shape 40 year old dude. That being said, a ton of these competitors do some seriously insane body control movements. It’s a shame for the serious competitors that Raygun will make the whole thing look like a big joke.

As an added bonus, one of Raygun’s competitors is a young white girl in a doo-rag named Nicka.

Whole thing is just bizarre as fk.

3 Likes

if she’s the best australia has got, and because this medal is stupid, it’s slapstick

if this medal is simply unknown in australia because it’s so stupid, and raygun knowingly scammed her way into a free 2-week vacation in paris, it’s farce

2 Likes

It’s confusing. In reddit, they say Australia has a pretty big breaking scene, but then I saw videos of their finals or whatever and it was equally embarrassing:

1 Like

It’s harder to break when everything is upside down

3 Likes

You said it.

I had hoped JK Rowling would at least STFU, but she’s still going HAM without retractions.

https://x.com/jk_rowling/status/1821160211102523842

Norwood has had some killer legs in the 400m relays. Brought USA#1 back into it each time.

1 Like