I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

HOLY SHIT that has to be the closest 100m ever

1 Like

i thought it was between Thompson and Kerley. didnt even see Lyles

1 Like

i thought noah lyles was like 3rd until they announced it, all 8 were within like 2 tenths

right i was looking at the top and thought the jamaican won

I was paying attention to Lyles and still thought he prob lost.

Weird, this isnt on PEacock live, where did you catch it?

it’s that camera angle bc the top guys look ahead the whole time until it gets right to the end

Peacock

can anyone find all 8? i just wanna see how close last place was bc i’ve never seen a race where everyone was within like 1/2 a body length

Oh I see now, they have both a “Paris live” live feed and a “track and field live” live feed.

How one of the long time biggest events every olympics isnt on the “Paris live” feed is beyond me.

1.2 tenths separated all of them and only b/c the other Jamaican dude kinda let off at the end, otherwise the whole field would’ve been within a tenth of a second, crazy.

There was a women’s 100m final that Gail Devers won back in the day that was a photo finish for like the top 6.

2 Likes

Oh shit, Thompson was sure he had it for about 3 seconds afterward, and then you can see it dawning on him.

1 Like

yeah crazy.

Fat white camerman running to keep up with fastest man in the world once Lyles sees the photo was excellent as well

1 Like

Surprised to see Lyles not run through the line, he starts windmilling his right arm a couple of steps early.

At this speed it’s not going to make much difference, but holy shit in this race it could have cost him the gold.

I wonder if the lane positions won it for Lyles. Thompson prob couldn’t see him at all and prob felt great about his race based on those around him. If Lyles was next to him and he could feel the pressure he might shave off a bit of time.

1 Like

What a lean though, I think his foot actually crosses 4th

2 Likes