I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

i think there’s open water swimming “marathon” in the olympics too. that shit seems hard as fuck

Duhhhhhhh. Im an idiot

I mean…

Id watch this

How about the triathlon. 1.5km swim, 40 km bike, then finish it off with a leisurely 10k run.

Great play by USA to get the out at home.

1 Like

Chess Boxing #1 combo sport already.

Then how are we going to see those fine Norwegian cheeks on display!

Beach volleyball

Lols like handball has like 3 times as many players. Over two teams that’s 12 more cheeks to admire.

1 Like

Nice

OK softball is still lame, but that was fun to watch.

Rules:

“3x3 basketball is played on half a regular five-a-side basketball court, with each team shooting into a single hoop. Teams consists of four players, three players on court and one substitute. A coin toss is held to determine which team will start the game on offence. The three-point line in conventional basketball serves as the two-point line in 3x3 basketball, with shots made outside the line earning two points and those inside it one (free throws also earn a single point if a foul is committed inside the arc). The winner is the team with the highest score at the end of the 10-minute period, or the first team to reach 21 points. If the score is tied after 10 minutes, the game goes into overtime with the first team to score two points declared the winner.”

And a bonus “yikes” from that page

“3x3 basketball is an exciting and innovative sport. It developed from street basketball and is considered to be the world’s No. 1 urban team sport.”

Wasn’t NBA Jam 3 on 3?

1 Like

What’s nuts is that (at least in 2016) how close it is.

Nearly 2 hours of swimming with only 25 competitors. Top 2 separated by less than 1 second. Top 11 separated by 5 seconds. Top 19 separated by 19 seconds.

My uncle is in the fastpitch softball hall of fame in my state. We used to travel to their tournaments when I was in little league baseball. It was so great. They take that shit seriously.

ETA: Seeing the softball world series or whatever in diamonds I played Babe Ruth on was pretty damn sick also.

Is it like a lot of track distance races where they all jog and then see who has the fastest kick?

In my prime it was 2v2, but maybe they mixed it up.

Also, don’t sleep on the Big3

1 Like

I’m confused - stuff is started already? Is there still going to be an opening ceremony?

This was on the TV at the gym a few times, very fun for casual watching.

1 Like

Opening ceremony on Friday but some of the team event like soccer and softball that require days off getting started a bit early.

1 Like