How do we attract new users?

Good to meet you. I’m Thomas, there’s not a whole lot I want people to know about me, my screenname is not a secret but I don’t wish to give the meaning away yet either. It’ll be fun if someone figures it out.

If I have serious beef with microbe that is new information to me.

1 Like

You do?

I’ll try to keep my guess vague so as not to spoil it but does it have anything to do with a sports facility that was renamed last year?

1 Like

It does not.

That occurred to me, though I’m sure there’s something else. But, it occurred to me that that thought had to occur to the person who used that sn when they used it and thought it was cute to have a sn that was “duh, you snowflakes, it’s not Chancellor of the Third Reich, it’s really ______. Freakin snowflakes!”

I don’t get the antagonism towards 3&C.

1 Like

xenophobia

We’re just used to most new supposedly new people being trolls.

anachronischtick certainly turned out to be one

2 Likes

It is not related to the chancellor of the Third Reich. That thought truly did not occur to me until I googled Third and Chancellor to see what people would find when they tried to guess the meaning.

1 Like

3&C

Just so you understand the suspicion, if you’re not a troll, this whole community basically split off from another politics forum and some of the people from the old forum come in here once in a while and turn out to be unpleasant.

1 Like

I wasn’t even familiar with the process of electing German chancellors having three phases. My reference is to something/someone/someplace American.

1 Like

I don’t think you will find me to be unpleasant. Hope not at least!

1 Like

This was what I expected people would guess when I made the name.

It is not related to Kam Chancellor.

Hello, new guy.

1 Like

I’d guess it refers to an address, but it could be anything

28 unread posts, 1 new user

1 Like

What about Chance the rapper?

I’m assuming it’s something music related as well.

This sure is fun.

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t be so suspicious of anybody who says they are new if we actually want new posters. I’m kinda skeptical that people really even want an influx of non 2+2 people. Like rich liberals who say they want to live in a diverse place but really don’t.

6 Likes

Heh, it’s like we say we’re for open borders but really we just shout down anyone who isn’t on an O-1 visa.

3 Likes

I know how to use Google and spell things right.

Thus logically you can conclude that I am not a current White House staffer.

3 Likes