Homeowners association Karen

another Ayn Rand-loving narcissist

1 Like

Go on

The one time someone called the police on me it was because I was asleep on a bench in a lobby.

2 Likes

FYP

1 Like

I guess Iā€™ll be that guy and say her reply seems pretty reasonable. Why not do her and the Uber driver a favor and meet the delivery in the parking lot? Life is so much more pleasant when you get along with your neighbors.

2 Likes

Absolutely NOT this. It just guarantees the behavior will get increasingly absurd moving forward.

6 Likes
3 Likes

The problem here is the part about the SO with social anxiety. Karens love confronting the weak link, so itā€™s likely Mrs. Rugby that would have to pull off the ā€œliterally act like the person is not there part of the planā€

Also, I find it actually a bit hard to believe that you would actually do that yourself. That is a lot harder to execute than it sounds. But if it is truly in you skill set, I tip my cap to you.

I think one potential problem here is that we canā€™t verify that the ā€œOwnerā€™s Corporation Guidelinesā€ is not a document that she just made up herself. Anyone have any idea how to solve that one?

Perhaps you could call the agency and see if they have a copy of the ā€œOwnerā€™s Corporation Guidelinesā€.

Or maybe ask a neighbor youā€™re on good terms with if they happen to have a copy. If they donā€™t have one, ask how they would get one. If the response is, ā€œWell, Iā€™d just ask Karen for themā€, then this problem might be a little trickier than it seemed.

Thereā€™s a lot. Iā€™m guessing youā€™re more interested in the inheritance part than the personality disorder. I dunno where the money came from but it seemed like there was a lot of property involved. Her ā€œfarmā€ was pointed out to me which was a large grass lot with a dilapidated house located in the middle of a large city. Most obvious tax farm Iā€™ve ever seen. Primary occupation appeared to be slum lord. Dunno how many properties. Also a hoarder. She wasnā€™t an asshole in person, just a control freak with too much money. Her OCD fixation was penny pinching to the extreme. She would have completely passed on communal heat and lighting to save an insignificant amount of money. Would not be surprised if she sweated her inherited riches on stock apps in between rounds of turning off the heat and lights. Another neighbor who hated her guts did exactly that, except heā€™d turn everything back on.

If you want movie, there was an FBI sniper pin down on one of the units before I moved in.

Sure but then if sheā€™s scared of strangers in the building why did she complain about the bike in the elevator and put a sign up for it? Seems like she will keep finding issues with things

In general, the things Iā€™ve learned living in upscale condos with HOAs is (1) most of your neighbors inherited the money, and that probability rises dramatically if they are young and/or donā€™t appear to have any talent, and (2) the people gunning for HOA king invariably have a serious personality disorder or three. They are not mutually exclusive categories.

Agreed. She is not coming from a place of reasonableness. Undoubtedly delivery drivers get assaulted more than they assault.

I support nobody letting unknown strangers who are not invited in.

Wait, I forgot, someone called the police on me for climbing a tree another time.

Regarding going down. I would definitely do this if it was easier on the uber driver. But itā€™s probably not. My building is super easy to navigate and find my place. They are normally in and out in 30 seconds.

Having them wait while I find my shoes and keys and put on pants would take as long or longer. And we would also have to interact rather than leaving it at the door.

Also, Mrs rugby is the main uber eats orderer. No way I take Karenā€™s side here. Not worth my life.

1 Like

My reply.

Hi Karen. Happy to discuss any building terms and conditions with my landlord. Send it through on my email please () so I can forward on. Thanks. Rugby.

1 Like

Another update!

Iā€™ve just been sent a word document called ā€œOC Guidelinesā€

Her email says ā€œThis document is regularly updated by the Owners corporationā€.

And yeah. Thereā€™s words in there about food delivery and the bike.

The latter is pretty egregious. Says that the bikes need to be stored in the car park but that itā€™s at your own risk.

Ffs Karen. Thatā€™s why I put my bike in my apartment.

ā€” my next move?

Option 1. Troll back with ā€œI assume these rules have been agreed at some kind of AGM or owners meeting?ā€ Because obviously they havenā€™t.

Option 2. Time to bring in the letting agency?

Okay. Iā€™ve done some research.

Owners corporation rules are a formal document in my state. Means they need to be voted on, registered, and sent out. If these rules have been properly done then Iā€™m probably out of luck, but Iā€™m guessing it hasnā€™t.

My response just sent.

Karen,

Just to clarify, before I forward on. What am I looking at here? Are these the formal OC rules? As described on this link?

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/housing/owners-corporations/rules-and-resolving-disputes/how-to-make-owners-corporation-rules

When were these adopted and registered? I donā€™t see a date.

Rugby.

Sheā€™s lost the right to ā€œHiā€ and ā€œCheersā€ now.