Home improvement

Most of the ones I’ve seen have a rubber or whatever gasket molded into the frame.

I think your bigger issue is there doesn’t seem to be one at all on the side you were pushing with your finger. You should have a full perimeter of bead.

1 Like

Yeah, that definitely looks like it’s missing the left side bead to me.

Maybe it got delivered with only enough for one sidelight and the installers dgaf?

Either that or there’s an underground gang of storm window glazing bead thieves in your neighborhood.

I’m not sure Zikzak is gonna be able to help you any more after this revelation. I feel like it would offend his architectural sensibilities.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Unifying elements can help define a place.

And my ire is rarely directed at the normal places normal people live in. I am offended by people who spend their money badly (McMansions), or people who choose not to spend any money or effort at all (disposable strip malls, big box retail).

@Rivaldo or anyone else wanna guess at what the issue is here:

I’ve got one of those fixtures on the kitchen sink where you can just tap it and it turns on and off. Now it doesn’t respond to the tapping anymore, but it will work manually.

The weird thing was that for a few minutes it wasn’t even working manually and the indicator light went out. Changed out the backup batteries and it still didn’t work. Then unplugged and replugged it. Now it works manually but still not responsive to tapping. Thoughts?

there might be a C-shaped clip that attaches to the shank/ main shaft of the faucet… move that around lol and there’s likely a wire or 2 that plug in up there near the shank/ underside of the faucet. is it a Delta? call the manufacturer’s tech support / customer service phone number tomorrow

think there’s a solenoid valve in that type faucet design. it may have gone bad. A solenoid valve is an electrically controlled valve

1 Like

Thanks. What’s the shank? Is that the big pipe that goes down? There is a ton of junk in that cabinet I’m gonna need to remove to get a look in there.

Faucet is barely over a year old. Do you think solenoid would fail so quickly? Is that within the normal warranty period.

It’s Delta, so I guess I’ll try giving them a call tomorrow as well.

1 Like

yeah. i dont know if thats the proper terminology, but yes. its the heavy duty center of the whole faucet. its normally threaded, and a nut is tightened on it with washer to secure it to the countertop or sink

Ok there is a c-shaped clip that is just dangling. What is it supposed to be attached to exactly?

1 Like

the shank. it pops on it, clips on it

OK, I’m still having a problem identifying the shank. I thought you were talking about the drain pipe. Obviously it’s not that. Let me take a look under there.

it’s brass-colored, threaded, and part of the main faucet body on the underside.

Found it and clipped it back on. Works again! Thanks.

If our paths ever cross, drinks are on me.

1 Like

Goat

5 Likes

Really appreciate the help.

The best part is that the next time my wife gets on me for spending too much time shitposting on unstuck, I will point to this exchange. I can use this for years. The sink not working properly was annoying the fuck out of her.

5 Likes

We got faucets with wires and shit now? Seems unnecessary

1 Like

Once you try it you can’t go back.

For about a half hour last night, we were like “We actually have to use the tap to turn this thing on? WTF!”

1 Like

Without wires and shit, how do you expect it to post a shot of you washing your hands on FB and insta?

1 Like