Holiday traditions, gift ideas, hot takes, and airing of grievances

This is why Quarantine Christmas is the best Christmas.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just me, my older brother, and my mom for every holiday. I’m 36 and my brother is 43.

He’s a super nice guy but a little immature so he is always saying harmless but annoying shit to my mom who just goes nuclear at everything he says and they just start criticizing each other and fake apologizing and accusing the other person of always starting every argument and then never ending it.

My mom is pretty intense but I just ignore all the shit she says to me after years of begging her to be nice to me where her response was either “I guess I’m the worst fucking mother ever and I’ll never do anything for you again”, turn it around and throw it back in my face, or straight up mocking me like awww poor baby I’m sowwy style.

2 Likes

I can’t wait till later tonight!

4 Likes

Your mom sounds like a lock to have borderline personality disorder

I just ate mine. Baked it in a foil covered pan with half of an inch of water - holes poked for steam. Turned out great even though my hands are killing me from the spikes!

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve thought this too but never really looked into it too seriously. The thing is she is nice most of the time, super happy, tons of friends, kids who actually see and care about her but she’s hypercritical about stuff like she might go off on you for not using a coaster or parking in the wrong spot at the mall and it’s like baffling why you’d want to ruin everyone’s day by freaking out over nothing.

I’ve learned over the years to do just whatever stupid shit she asks of me without objecting and to just deflect all the bullshit she throws at me instead of escalating everything but my brother hasn’t figured that out at all so they just argue constantly.

Pretty sure this is a spoof and isn’t actually releasing tonight. If not, Merry Christmas to us all!

1 Like

Working today. Just traded some crack for butterscotch and chocy chip cookies. People are good.

2 Likes

So far this is a pretty top-tier Christmas. Breakfast was elite: Blueberry French Toast Casserole and Country Ham & Swiss Strata:

Had a nice gueuze-mosa:

and played a surprisingly good game called Election Night:

I am also apparently an 85-year old retired person, now that I wear slippers inside the house:

Gonna dive into some short ribs and shrimp next.

7 Likes

15 Likes

Nonsense. Comfy slippers are one of life’s true pleasures.

2 Likes

Plus they help if you get really horny.

What the fuck

https://twitter.com/johncornyn/status/1342272236099661824?s=21

Those are actual Texas Libs.

1 Like

Maybe he has a secret family with the surname Brisket?

Slippers in the house are a pro move, especially with the rubber sole that can be worn outside if needed. I’ve been rocking them since I was 22, who cares if it makes us old farts if we’re comfortable.

Also, can I get the French toast casserole recipe? Looks delicious!

1 Like

I’m too prone to slipping and sliding indoors when I wear those, especially in my kitchen.

I have the exact pair.

3 Likes