History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

Everyone who posts in this thread is getting deposed and that’s when the real LOLs begin.

1 Like

lmao thank you jmakin and company i have cackled loudly 3 times at this thread already

3 Likes

Me too, I’ve been giggling non-stop. We could each take a chapter and without an editor or any research crank out a better version of this in under three hours.

“Much of what follows is pulled directly out of our ass…”

4 Likes

reminds me of Sam Seder taking down Dave Rubin for some reason

oh right cuz he just wrote that shitty book

Judging by his quality of proofreaders, this seems accurate.

I bought his psychology book, which I am ready to label as the least essential poker book ever. I don’t know if I want to put myself through that again.

Grunching from post 20 to jump ahead and echo these thoughts. You are my patron saint for doing this.

remembering fondly when i embedded a tweet that Mason made about Uncle Sheldon and called him out for supporting online poker’s number 1 enemy and he said it never happened and banned me for it

18 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Lol the first chapter that references the civil war mentions like 4 times for no reason that the North did not enter the war to end slavery. I’m beginning to think that mason’s a “civil war wasn’t about slavery” guy.

6 Likes

on the chapter about the emancipation proclamation being lincoln’s great gamble (don’t fully understand the muddled thinking here as he walks through the historical events - I took a civil war history class in college and none of this sounds right, but my memory is too fuzzy to say for certain).

This paragraph was hilarious to me for some reason.

But there’s a sad ending to this story. Many forms of gambling come with a cost referred to as the vigorish or rake. This was true of Lincoln’s great gamble. The “vig” on the Emancipation Proclamation came approximately two years later in the form of a bullet and the United States lost perhaps its greatest leader in all of its history.

1 Like

Found a credited source!

The authors would like to credit the article “10 military Gambles that Dictated the Fate of Nations” by Larry Jiminez on listverse.com.

The article: https://listverse.com/2015/05/04/10-military-gambles-that-dictated-the-fate-of-nations/

Come the fuck on dude.

5 Likes

They are the fucking rake.

8 Likes

When does this come out on audiobook?

1 Like

Simple Way to Reduce Toenail Fungus?

Try it from a gambler’s perspective!

4 Likes

Did I miss it or is there really not a mega thread on 22 about this book? I found a couple of threads but they have very few posts.

This reads like something Trump would say, hugely.

1 Like

When Mike Tyson goes totally broke.

1 Like

The remaining 2p2ers better start posting about it, or he’s going to sue their ass.

I was expecting even those who are still there to just dunk on it mercilessly.