History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

Speechless :exploding_head:

Has watched a lot of YouTube videos about people “destroying” liberal political arguments.

The whole BLM don’t want body cams is a horrible take. If body cams could help oppress black people while protecting police, cops would jump at it.

Body cams are great except that cops cam yake them off or turn them off “by accident”. Maybe they forget them in the car.

1 Like

Wait. Mason was an office temp for the government? Who knew that made him a history expert?

You missed his rant about how hard he had to work in the US Census? That was an epic MM moment.

1 Like

Not enough LOLs in the world for Mason’s brags about his less than three year career at the Census. They are an organization that literally begs people to work there.

Not to mention Mason obviously doesn’t understand statistics at all past maybe being able to calculate a batting average (source: pick up any of his books).

2 Likes

I was being facetious. I knew about his census rambling. I posted as it was happening.

1 Like

My brain hurts.

3 Likes

Two morons sniffing each other’s farts while patting each other on the back. Let’s move on.

It’s taught in India, which is what really matters.

Mason is correct here, the cause of the Challenger explosion was O-rings in the solid rocket motors that weren’t supposed to get below 30 Fahrenheit and they’d been left out in the elements when it dropped to ~30 degrees. The company that made the O-rings even tried warning NASA not to launch because of it and NASA responded

“I am appalled. I am appalled by your recommendation.” Mulloy said, “My God, Thiokol, when do you want me to launch—next April?”

ETA: lolme for grunching and semi-defending Mason

1 Like

I think everybody knows that. It’s the context of the entire exchange that makes it lol.

I had a suspicion when I was deleting the “COINCIDENCE?” part from the quote that that was what the lols were revolving around but I didn’t bother to read down to the “corona was made in a lab!” insanity to confirm.

2 Likes

Because that’s the thing people take issue with lol

Can’t believe I had respect for him 15 years ago.

What the christ is it with him and that damn census job?

3 Likes

Same deal with Sklansky and his I was a high school maths genius and could have won a Nobel prize If I’d had a less shitty family life.

They’re both guilty of finding reasons for their under achievements, that they probably call excuses in others because they are empathy-free zones.

1 Like

“I once had the chops to be a low-level government bureaucrat.”

2 Likes

That’s not how he paints his super important job he probably likes to think he was head hunted for.

I love when Sklansky brags about passing some of the actuarial exams. We had some of those people in my actuarial department. They were highly expendable.

1 Like

Anyone with a slightly more than passing knowledge of probability and time to learn how basic financial math works can pass the first two. He’s not special. (Don’t tell him that, though.)