History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

I didn’t realize DS was using the “had a shitty life” defense. I thought he was brought up by a super genius dad who raised him on a steady diet of logic puzzles.

Those two aren’t mutually exclusive.

I get that. I just don’t remember hearing about the other part.

I vaguely remember spending a stupid amount of time when I was off sick from work years ago, reading tons of his posts in search of the key to universal wisdom.

actually for the lolz

So I was reading a thread on 22 NVG last night. I forget which one, but there was a bit in there about some lawsuit between Dutch Boyd and 22. I vaguely remember that this was a thing, but I’ve forgotten all of the details.

Can someone give me some cliffs on this or point me to somewhere I can can easily find some? I apologize for my laziness. I just figured someone here would have this info at their fingertips.

Didn’t he drink a cup of piss or something like that?

I think Dutch had registered some domain like twoplustwopoker.com and had advertising on it as a landing page (is that the right term?) Mason sued and Dutch either lost or settled and had to write a letter of apology, which Mason proudly posted as a sticky in NVG for about 6 months.

Thanks. There was also an allusion to something about Mason trying to garnish Dutch’s tournament winnings to pay for damages or something like that. Any details on that? It would seem that Mason got more than just an apology.

I don’t recall that part but found the thread, details might be in there:

Letter:

Thanks. I’ll check it out at some point.

Looks like Mason got about $60k.

Got him to pay by garnishing his WSOP winnings.

That would be the only question I’d ask Mike Matusow if I appeared on his show.

1 Like

It isn’t like this psychotic racist is going to debate you fairly on his own show. He’ll just cut the mic or talk over you and claim victory. Probably strawman you to death.

“Anyone with a slightly more than passing knowledge of probability and time to learn how basic financial math works can pass the first two. He’s not special. (Don’t tell him that, though.)”

I passed them while a junior in high school. Wouldn’t be worth mentioning otherwise.

“Same deal with Sklansky and his I was a high school maths genius and could have won a Nobel prize If I’d had a less shitty family life.”

I didn’t realize DS was using the “had a shitty life” defense. I thought he was brought up by a super genius dad who raised him on a steady diet of logic puzzles.

Never said I had a shitty family life or bad parents. Never said that it was likely that I could win a Nobel Prize if I had pursued academics, only that it was conceivable, given I won statewide contests. But what made academics out of the question (quit college after one year) was not how my parents treated me but mental and physical quirks I describe in my new book Geeking Grifting And Gambling Through Las Vegas. If you are going to criticize me it would be nice if you had your facts right first. Spend ten dollars or join the free kindle club. There will be plenty of fodder there.

The exact weight of Paul Anderson’s record back lift

1 Like

Winning contests in high school = nobel prize winner if only I had tried is the dork version of Uncle Rico.

4 Likes

Would pay good money to see a Mason v. Trump book holding contest.

1 Like

All that latent genius, and still haven’t managed to figure out how to use the quote feature, huh?

2 Likes

The chapter on partitioning Palestine credits the Online International Encyclopedia of the First World War.

The commission of inquiry popularly known as the Peel Commission is referred to as a “Royal Commission of Inquiring”.

In the MacArthur chapter, it’s Kim-Il-Sung in the the text, but (correctly) Kim Il-Sung in the photo caption.

MacArthur’s name is spelled “MasArthur” in a sentence that ends with two periods.

Matthew Ridgway has his last name spelled “Ridgeway”.

Poor listverse.com author Larry Jimenez once again has his name misspelled, this time when his article is credited at the start of the Dien Bien Phu chapter.

The chapter on the Yom Kippur War is titled “The SAM Umbrella”. The acronym SAM is not properly capitalized in a page header, nor in its last usage in the text.

The chapter also has a run-on sentence and a question ending in a period.

“The answer is that you need to think through what you hope to accomplish when considering the abandonment of a successful strategy and what the probability of success of the new strategy will be and what the risks will be.” Missing is any sort of assessment of the probability of success. That it failed doesn’t make a gamble a bad idea. (It was a bad idea, but the book glosses over the fact that Sadat waged the Battle of the Sinai over the objections of his generals, leaving the false impression that the Egyptians were uniformly stupid.) The reader is left to assume that because it failed, this must have been a bad gamble. This book consistently fails to show its work in making these sorts of claims, even when it would be so easy to do so.

Despite being in a section directly quoted from Wikipedia, Idi Amin Dada Oumee has the last part of his name spelled “Qumee”.

I’m almost done. I might finish this book in one more post.

2 Likes