Help Desk

All good. Just thinking about it gave me PTSD when I used to run a NOC for an ISP. Don’t want people to feel tethered to the site 24x7.

It’s probably an issue with Patreon but it won’t let me sign up. I click the banner link and enter my info but the Sign Up button goes nowhere.

:arrow_up: @spidercrab

Hmm, that’s odd. When I click the link from a browser I don’t normally use, I get sent to the right spot:
https://www.patreon.com/join/unstuckpolitics/signup

At that point, I see this:

If you’re saying that signing up at that point is a problem, I assume it’s a Patreon issue. If so, I can contact Patreon support. Any additional information you have that I can pass along?

No that’s it. Everything works fine up to the point where I click “sign up.” I’ll try later on another device

@SteveHarvey I want to make a gimmick, do I have to do some kind of shady vpn thing or can I just make a new user with a new email account?

You just need a new email, nothing special.

1 Like

If I sign up for patreon will someone here know my email? Do I have to go make a new gmail account just for this?

Yes, the owner of the Patreon account (me, right now) can see the email address of each person. A quick scan of the current email list indicates that a few people have obviously created new accounts solely for unstuck.

Is there a who’s online view somewhere? Which/how many regs, lurkers, etc… online at any given time? 22 had that at the bottom of the page.

It’s all part of zikzak’s long con to raise the “hosting fees” so he can skim a cheeseburger off the top every month.

1 Like

I don’t ever recall seeing something like that. Are you sure it wasn’t a feature on your end?

Someone needs to add the ability to ignore honorary admin/mods like Cuse. I’m absolutely sick and tired of his schtick. It’s like having another wichita going day and night at every single post of mine in a gaslighting and troll like way (even though I have that poster on ignore I still see ‘view hidden reply’ all the time after my posts).

I shouldn’t be forced to endure stuff like this from someone who can’t be ignored. Moderator/admins should not be above the forum rules, especially related to something like ignore. If he can’t be respectful to posters, posters should have the ability to ignore him. No other mods treat people with the level of disrespect he does.

1 Like

What rules have I broken? I don’t think I’ve broken any, and if I did you certainly did as well… But I tend to ignore that stuff when it’s directed at me, especially since I’m a mod.

People can form their own opinions on our arguments, and surely some think I’m being an ass or wasting time or derailing… But when I see bad takes and bad posting I’m going to call it out. When it continues for months I’m going to keep calling it out and pointing out the inaccuracy over time. Being a mod has nothing to do with it, and if anything I’ve avoided moderating you in spots where I could have… So I certainly haven’t abused my powers against you.

It seems like a good feature would be an ability to ignore a users forum posts in certain subforums but not PMs or About Unstuck posts, thus making it possible for people to ignore mods without missing important stuff.

Not sure if this is possible in Discourse, though.

Hey am I losing my mind or did the wide screen themes disappear from the hamburger menu?

Does anyone know of a mobile app or browser to use to view the site that will remember my settings after I log off?

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/new-themes-and-layout/528/29?u=zikzak

1 Like

What are you using now, and why do you keep logging out?

Gracias. Haven’t really been keeping up with misc site stuff although I shoulda found that.