Help Desk

Didn’t realize it was either or. Doesn’t matter to me. We can just leave it. Thanks.

Upload to youtube. Post youtube link.

Am I the only person having trouble accessing unstuck on a desktop? App is working fine.

EDIT: pretty sure it’s an AT&T issue, multiple people reporting a bunch of sites not working.

I’m seeing this:

Still happening.

I click the UNSTUCK POLITICS box to refresh. Otherwise no effects I think, almost as if a flag was set and hasn’t been unset.

I’m getting the same. Kicks me from the thread I’m reading every 10 minutes or so. Ending my pop-up stream as well during the presser.

We had a traffic spike during the press announcement. Looking at the graphs it doesn’t seem like it should have triggered that but I wasn’t around so idk how busy it actually got.

This doesn’t actually refresh the site. You need to F5 or click whatever button on the browser to get a full reload of the site.

I could have sworn it does.

Problem has gone now.

It looks like it does and most of the time it more or less acts that way too, but it doesn’t reload the entire DOM. The forum is actually a single page application that does a good job of pretending it’s a normal website even though it isn’t.

I’d much rather see a dedicated category than a subcategory. I don’t think either is really justified, but a subcategory just seems like an extra layer of useless information.

I’m not exactly opposed, it just seems pointless to me. If you want to do it, go for it.

I hesitate to mention it because I hate them, but this scenario is perfectly suited to tags.

I also just got the “Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it”. I did not notice any difference though and it disappeared after one reload.

That message has always popped up occassionally. It’s usually a very temporary thing related to some server process that hangs the system for a moment or two. I’ve just changed the error text to be less alarming sounding.

Anyone else have missing buttons? I only see the reply button now, but the other navigation buttons and the like and report buttons are gone.

Edit: Sorry, did a hard refresh and that fixed it. Should have thought of that before posting.

@zikzak Does this place have any kind of scheduling plug-ins that would help schedule a live watch along of movies or whatever?

1 Like

There is probably something available. Take a look on meta.discourse.org and see if something there seems promising, with the caveat that we’ve not had good luck with 3rd party plugins. I’m going to be much more amenable to something official that’s maintained by the discourse team

1 Like

Looks interesting, I suppose there is a conversation to be had for where the events would live; either in here or in their own thread but I think in this thread wouldn’t hurt the conversation very much.

If people are interested in testing this out lets pick a time this weekend and watch the first episode of Altered Carbon S2 or Spenser Confidential or something.

I’ve enabled the Time/Date button on Neutral and Grey, but the other themes are remote and I don’t want to mess with them because I don’t really know how you have all that set up.

When I’m catching up I often open individual posts in new tabs that I want to reply to later. Sometimes I even start a reply but switch to another before finishing the first. If I do this, I get

“Draft is being edited in another window. Please reload this page.”

popups that make the site unusable until I close everything out. Is there a way to turn that off?

Whatever this plugin is it autoplays, which is a bad choice, is there a way to configure it so it doesn’t at the user or site level?