Help Desk

The software attempts to rehost all images locally because doing so solves lots of problems. If the image is larger than 4mb it will just display a link instead. It isn’t possible to have a linked image display inline. It either gets rehosted or it’s just the link.

Multiple settings need to be chang ed to allow larger images, both in the software and on the server. I’m not very open to doing that, first because we have pay for that storage and bandwidth, but more importantly because 4mb is already huge for images and imo it’s very unreasonable to force mobile users to download anything larger. You don’t need more bits for gifs, you need the creator to know wtf they’re doing and set appropriate sizes, frame rates and palettes.

4 Likes

Fully support your preference here.

Why do the linked images display inline for ten minutes before showing the link?

Totally agree. In the past I’ve scaled down cell phone pictures to 25% before posting and they still look fine.

The other day I was not at home and discovered that my iPhone gives a “choose image size” option when uploading from the photo library (small medium large original). Even the large option was only 300k and worked fine.

I know animated gifs can be much bigger but 4mb really is pretty reasonable.

1 Like

All sorts of options to optimize the gif and adjust the file size.

Is there a way to jump to the first unread posts while still in a thread?

Example: I click a notification that takes me to an earlier post in the Trump thread. I now want to jump from that to the first unread post.

How do I do this without returning to the home page and reclicking the thread?

Are people who hide their “public profile” unblockable?

All of a sudden I can’t access unstuck from my home network, not on my phone when it’s connected to WiFi or my home pc on the network, any thoughts?

Don’t think so. Just go to Hamburger menu/Preferences/Users. You can’t ignore them from their popup in-thread, but you can if you manually enter their name in Preferences.

1 Like

I can only read the top 5 words in that pic.

It says site is temporarily down or has been moved.

Both of those are obviously not true. Try rebooting your router.

A BACK button does not populate for me on android mobile. Just the post counter, which i can adjust but not to go to the most recent new post. I will check a desktop.

Am I misunderstanding what to do on mobile? Pic seems clear but I can be obtuse.

I have always had trouble getting the back button to reliably appear on mobile and have never been able to figure out what it is I’m doing wrong.

Default theme

FWIW I was having this same problem earlier around the same time.

Looks like it’s good again

Worked just now… Weird. Ty!

Go here and click the “Leave” button under Yang Gang.

1 Like