Help Desk

Is there a way to permanently ignore a user’s avatar? It wouldn’t be a big deal if there was just a single avatar that I could block myself, but it’s irritating when that user’s avatar unexpectedly changes.

1 Like

No, but there has been discussion in one of the rules threads about not allowing NSFW avatars. I’m not sure where that discussion ended up though, and I really don’t even know if that whole rules thing is on hiatus or has been abandoned completely.

That’s one of the areas where no consensus will be reached. One side wants camgirl avatars and the other side wants this forum to be safe for work/in-laws.

Usually on pc Firefox. Often on iPhone chrome. I assume there’s no solution for the latter.

Thanks

What if I want extra camgirl avatars?

1 Like

Post of the year

1 Like

Amazing.

1 Like

This is ideal - thanks!

Ggoreo, you are awesome.

3 Likes

No, the ideal solution would be for one particular poster to grow up and not force everybody else to deal with his adolescent obsessions.

3 Likes

Fair point

Well made

I understand, I just think it’s unfortunate it’s a rule that even needs to be considered. It has been made clear over and over again on 3 different websites now that those avatars are problematic for many people, but he obviously doesn’t GAF.

1 Like

For the record, I didn’t mention any particular poster. Maybe I’m just an enthusiastic Hydrox advocate.

2 Likes

Is this the place to ask forum user questions?

When I login I typically go to the Unread page. I think it shows me threads that have had posts since my last login (logout?).

But it certainly does not show all such threads. I think someone said that a thread only shows up in “Unread” if I have previously posted in the thread.

However, there were several posts today in the Picture Game thread (which I have previously posted in) and that thread never appeared in my list of Unread threads.

Could it be because that thread is in a different category? Or do I have to click on something to tell the forum that I want to include that thread in my list of Unread threads?

Sorry if this is the most unimportant question ever.

It only shows unread posts in threads you are tracking or watching. That option can be set per thread right underneath the last post. You can also set the conditions for when you automatically track or watch a thread on your preferences page.

Thank you.

is my avatar function totally deleted? bad!

Can we do an opt in group for beetlejuice’s avatars?

1 Like

gregogoat is the goat

always has and always will

3 Likes