Greatest names ever: given, middle, surname, nick, combos thereof, whatever. Go!

God Shammgod

I win.

2 Likes

My mother used to work at a travel agency. They had a client who went by Quincy Pecker, already pretty good. But then they had to get all his information, and it turned out Quincy was only his middle name. His first name was actually Richard. Yes, this unfortunate soul was really named Dick Pecker.

2 Likes

Balls, Harold.

Back when we still had paper phone books, a friend scanning the company directory out of boredom found this gem.

1 Like

HERCULES MULLIGAN

7 Likes

I swear to God there was a guy in my hometown I only knew about from my church bulletins, but I looked him up a while back when I was thinking about this and confirmed he was real. Last name Klumpp. First name… Human.

Human Klumpp.

2 Likes

lol

HU MANBE IN G

1 Like

in the surname category

Overmars

1 Like
1 Like

I played tennis with an Amy Peniston. Pronounced Pen-Is-Tonne (the British pronunciation of Tonne)

Dick Trickle, always and forever.

3 Likes

Guy in another department where I worked had his name on top of his monitor: Chris Peacock. Brought a smile to my face when I walked past.

Moon Unit Zappa

1 Like

There was an 80s Irish politician called Dick Spring, which was also an 80s playground insult. So that was fun.

Anurag Dickshit

5 Likes

Shabba Ranks

1 Like

Rip Torn was always one of my favourites - along with Boutros Boutros-Ghali (and the previously mentioned Moon Unit Zappa)

1 Like

There are a couple of basically-retired comedians here called Roy and HG who did a weekly comedy radio show and a bunch of TV stuff playing sports broadcasters. HG Nelson was the commentator and “Rampaging Roy Slaven” was the color guy who would always pretend to have played professionally whatever sport they were commentating. I think their show “The Dream” at the Sydney Olympics got some international airtime.

Anyway, on their weekly radio show they had an endless array of nicknames for players that had been built up over time. It was an in-jokey show that got better if you listened every week. The one I remember was for rugby league player Glenn Lazarus, who was nicknamed THE BRICK WITH EYES. I now present to you a picture of Glenn so you can see why he received this nickname.

During the time where they were talking about whether the Tokyo Olympics would go ahead, I saw multiple statements given by an IOC representative named Dick Pound.

I knew a lot of Overmars kids growing up. Dutch farmers in Nova Scotia.