Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

yeah, this bangs. Nice win. This is definitely going on my list.

2 Likes

Hard to argue with that podium tbf. All 3 are great.

3 Likes

Well I obviously put myself up for accusations of bias here, but as I called midway through this really was an excellent category choice. I added several new tracks to my playlist out of it, and as always Pyatnitski put forward a high quality reveal.

Super happy to get my first win (Iā€™m generally mid-field at best) and glad others enjoy the song.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reveal and the extensive write-ups. You clearly put a lot of effort into it.

2 Likes

A global pandemic leading to little work and a lot of childcare responsibilities has to be good for something!

4 Likes

ā€œAnd this track, little one, is by a band called Holy Fuckā€¦ā€

4 Likes

I personally struggled with this category, and thought I wouldnā€™t really like a lot of the submissions. I am happy to be wrong.

3 Likes

So skydiver8 has graciously offered to go ahead with their reveal tomorrow to keep the momentum going. Iā€™ll let them give a heads up tomorrow as to an approximate reveal time.

5 Likes

And Yuv has stepped up to do a Saturday reveal. Thanks Yuv!

So our Walrus fixes for the next few days are covered.

OK, Iā€™ll page yā€™all around 2 pm PST

Be readyā€¦I have my writeups finished and plan to post at a decent pace! (Iā€™m not a patient woman) Iā€™ll leave enough time for speculation, though.

Also, if thereā€™s a sliding scale on writeup length between pyat and pauwl, iā€™m closer to the pauwl side of things. Sorry in advance!

5 Likes

Iron and Wine is an ā€œindie bandā€?

How would Underworld - Dark and Long have gone?

No worry, i got your back with a hefty amount of awkwardly constructed sentences about music, comedy and marine mammals. Donā€™t make any weekend plans.

2 Likes

This was me

An ATL artist I did for a different category than eyeā€™s

I guess I got nodium after all :frowning:

His most famous song is the very adult song Love in Ya Mouth

2 Likes

Finally put the songs into youtube playlist (other than one non-youtube link, ugh).

Out of 13, I know 5 of the artists, although only 1 did I know the actual song, and the other 3 artists I donā€™t know more than what was on the radio (never owned an album) so not really much different than a brand new artist.

Iā€™ll judge based on how much I like the songs since nobody made the mistake of submitting an artist I listed.

1 Like

Well, actually now that I take a second look, one of these I of course know as it hit 2nd on the charts during the time I listened to every alternative song out there. I donā€™t know how you would think this would be a new artist to me.

Itā€™s a good song tho, so may be saved by likelihood I donā€™t like a lot of the stuff submitted.

I think I put in my last Walrus that I donā€™t really know how to describe stuff like that, a quick Google seemed to suggest singer-songwriter but thatā€™s always seemed meaninglessly vague to me. Iā€™m certainly not the god of genres, though, and can accept I may have mislead, for which I apologise. I really didnā€™t expect anything in that wheelhouse but the submission made perfect sense there.

(I did know itā€™s just one dude really, but I figured he might have a permanent backing crew and didnā€™t check or bother to be more precise Iā€™m afraid.)

As for Dark and Long, I listened yesterday and I reckon maybe just before The Fall. I liked it but didnā€™t love it, I liked the alternative miliboo suggested a little bit more.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm

Wait that was for this one

For my category, which was to send me a song from an artist I likely donā€™t know

Did you get anywhere with your chronological Zep listenings?