GOP insanity spinoff: UP interviews lagtight

This may be the least credible thing you have said itt imo.

This is a dead give away he is just fucking with you all. He is literally just spewing decades old Wikipedia arguments. It’s 100% pure trolling. He doesn’t believe a word of what he is writing.

3 Likes

We directly observe deep into the past!

tenor

But Christianity and those specific facts aren’t in conflict if you don’t believe the 6k idea. You can believe in dinosaurs, the red shift, carbon dating, etc. Christianity or any religion isn’t fully compatible with all facts but Christianity is compatible with a lot more facts if you don’t believe one guy’s half assed theory.

That wasn’t the question. I didn’t ask about dating. We may get to that later.

Is the radioactive decay of Carbon 14 and the rate at which it occurs a scientific fact?

GOP insanity containment thread: Seriously this is Lagtights playground!!

Just the change the thread name or move it please!

1 Like

Bigger than a breadbox.

All joking aside, I have no idea how big the universe is.

How big do you think the universe is?

Of course not. I just like the quote, and when I can I try to give proper attribution. Not sure why you’d think that I, a Fundamentalist Christian, would “shape my life and worldview around” a religious Jew.

“Lagtight quotes X , therefore Lagtight is shaping his life and worldview around X” is kinda illogical in my humble opinion.

I guess that’s a good thing? :grin:

I believe everything I’m writing.

Do you believe that I was also trolling for literally years on the “other” forum? Check out my stuff there. Same stuff I’m saying here. (Same SN as here.)

Lots of Internet trolls carry on the bit for years.

1 Like

The radioactive decay rate of Carbon 14 should be a constant under present conditions, but could have been different in the past, and could be different in the future. Some scientists even believe that the speed of light can vary under different conditions. (I can find a cite if you want.)

OK, let’s circle back now to one scientific fact that you did mention:

Are you saying that the boiling point of water at sea level could have been different in the past too? If not, why not?

I’m in favor of a containment thread. I think there’s some value in having a zoo like exhibit where you can interact with him if you want to, but his insanity is muddying up the GOP insanity thread too much imo.

10 Likes

Of course it could have been different! The mass of the earth could have changed, the density of the atmosphere could have been higher or lower, his imaginary friend could have wanted tea faster and just wished it so. The problem is there is no evidence it has changed. And he’s just begging us to ask for evidence so he can send us down the rabbit hole of hour long YouTube videos of people asking how magnets work and how the speed of light in a vacuum has slowed down so much it only took 6000 years for the Earth to form. You can’t bring evidence to a clown fight.

1 Like

You have quoted LOL Dennis Prager multiple times.

I think this discussion with lagtight has merit (for those willing to engage with him), so I say let’s move him and his sophistry to its own containment thread.

I prefer to keep this thread about news on wacky GOP politicians’ antics, and stuff like this Alabama SC IVF decision.

6 Likes

As always, apologies if a post that should have stayed in the original thread was moved into this one. I accidentally clicked “select +below” on a post about halfway through so I had to manually unselect posts to stay in the old thread.

2 Likes

God’s work imo.

2 Likes