GOP insanity containment thread 3: more human than strom thurman

Oh man this guy must have said some ABSOLUTE BONKERS SHIT to take a knee here.

1 Like

Isn’t this what Kansas basically tried and led to a Dem governor? I say go for it Ohio.

I’m sure it’ll pass as the maniacs have super majorities. The only thing checking them is “reasonable republican” governor Dewine.

I will say the only tax I get pissed off at paying is the Ohio CAT tax because it’s calculated on gross income.

It’s what basically every Reasonable Conservative government tries. The conservatives that aren’t all in on the culture war nonsense are mostly people that are completely ignorant of what government actually does and how much it costs, and create a fiction that actually the government does basically nothing and taxes collected are just “wasted”. Therefore, running the government is easy - you just stop collecting taxes and wasting them on nothing! Liberals are so stupid!

They only win 75% of elections with this lie.

5 Likes

Nothing will happen

https://x.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1750286287783735775?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Ohio is also overriding a governor veto to enact a horrific anti trans bill

This is less important, but Ohio Republicans are also shamelessly holding back the pot legalization that people voted for with procedural bullshit. Zero consequences so far.

2 Likes

Also, wow, this was crafted as a specific “fuck you” to trans kids. Still okay for your 16-year-old to get a boob job if she’s cisgender, I assume.

https://x.com/JoYurcaba/status/1750261277509943347?s=20

I love this quote response because its just perfect in showing that CNN is full of feckless nincompoops and prints it without any follow up, any sort of reasonable pushback at all:

“Those allegations were not true, have never been true, and the people who spread those lies have been exposed, indicted, and imprisoned,” Gaetz said in response to CNN Wednesday.

WHAT PEOPLE CNN? WHAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EXPOSED INDICTED AND IMPRISONED FOR “DEFAMING” MATT GAETZ? NAME A PERSON. OR CALL HIM A FUCKING LIAR YOU USELESS EMPTY SUITS.

7 Likes

Yeah. It should be beyond easy to add an additional sentence “Gaetz did not provide any names of those he alledged were punished, and CNN was not able to independently confirm that any punishments occured”

Bingo bango you have now done good journalism and reported the facts without directly calling him a liar.

2 Likes

I mean that’s fine but that’s really the minimum and that was the minimum 10 years ago before all these tools showed up. If I was mr cable news network the conversation and story would go like this imo:

CNN: We’re doing a story about gaetz, any comment?
Gaetz team: “Those allegations were not true, have never been true, and the people who spread those lies have been exposed, indicted, and imprisoned”
CNN: Sounds good, we’ll print that but we just need the names of at least 2 of the people that have been indicted and imprisoned for lying about matt gaetz, who are they?

times passes

CNN: prints story, instead of printing the above, print

"The gaetz team denies the allegations and claims that people have been indicted and imprisoned for lying about gaetz allegations, and when asked for names, the gaetz team stopped responding.

The gaetz team response is a lie. No one has been indicted and imprisoned for any of the 158 allegations of misconduct against mr gaetz. The gaetz team also lied about previous allegations on xxx, yyy, and zzz dates."

4 Likes

The media includes that kind of disclaimer now a lot more than they did 10 years ago.

Iowa sees you, Ohio. And theyve put in a raise

https://twitter.com/MIreton38589/status/1750696971927494748

what a bunch of fuckin weirdos

2 Likes

4 Likes

He’s just saying what we are all thinking

11 Likes

Do you need some help, Trolly?

It’s amazing how obsessed Republicans are with sex

They’re obsessed with controlling women. The sex part is incidental.

1 Like