GOP insanity containment thread 3: more human than strom thurman

Yes. They’ll prob set rules that don’t require as much time as a Presidential impeachment.

If she’s not part of a plot to help Joe Biden get elected how do you explain these photos I saw on the internet?

More like 4 out of 5 Americans are ignorant of the truth!

If you support Taylor Swift in any way, you will be forced to vote for Joe Biden in the 2024 election. It’s not a conspiracy if it’s true.

1 Like

Right wing school board hires complete piece of work. Also fired their long term law firm when they wouldn’t support lots of (illegal) right wing hair brained schemes and hired local law guy who’s charging them half a million a year in legal fees. Population 50,000.

All of these antics led to increasing tension with school superintendent Keith Lewis. Matters came to a head in October. A vote to dismiss Lewis failed by a 4-3 margin. But Lewis ended up resigning anyway three weeks later. That began a search for a new superintendent which has become a whole new rolling scandal of almost Ziegler/Schillinger proportions. Earlier this month, in the face of widespread opposition, the board decided to hire John Ramirez Jr. as the district’s new superintendent.

Ramirez turns out to have something of a complicated job history. Despite not mentioning it on his job application, Ramirez was canned from his last superintendent gig in Stockton, California for a DUI arrest in August 2022. And yes, just to underline that: he lied on his job application. But given Ramirez’s track record, perhaps it didn’t seem that important. A local grand jury had also issued a report finding extensive financial mismanagement and fraud during his yearlong tenure as superintendent — including a sweetheart deal of $7.3 million for air purifiers.

Before that Ramirez was superintendent of the Alisal Union School District in Monterey County. He had to resign from that gig too in the wake of a what appears to have been a tidal wave of scandals. He admitted using district credit cards for personal use and holiday purchases and garnered sexual harassment complaints from two employees. And if that wasn’t enough, he was formally censured for pleading no-contest to a charge of a hit-and-run during his tenure.

So Ramirez is kind of a piece of work. His reputation for criming and fraud seems pretty extensive in California. So he seems to have decided it was time for a fresh start in a new state. He didn’t disclose his DUI, which he called an accident, and he appears to have lied to the hiring committee when they asked him about the hit and run. Notwithstanding all this, the board hired him anyway earlier this month. And that’s basically where things stand in Douglas County.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a-small-nevada-county-finally-got-a-wartime-school-board

1 Like

I saw this game on sale on Steam and at first thought “That looks kinda fun and I’m sure it roasts Alex Jones pretty good” but nope, it’s apparently a serious game actually made/endorsed by the dipshit himself.

1 Like

Total run time is like 25 minutes and hes selling it for $10+ its just another scam to make money that he will never pay to its rightful owners

It’s really cool how our legal system lets Alex Jones live normally after losing a billion dollar judgment for causing the parents of murdered children to be harassed to the point they had to move.

1 Like

The Kelce’s are not representative of toxic masculinity at all. They talk about feelings and cry on like every episode of their show.

Kelce seems fine, he got out of line at the Superbowl but that doesn’t appearto be a habit for him.

I like Kelce and I understand that football is an emotional game.

Someone his size putting his hands on a man in his 60’s and almost knocking him over is disgusting.

If it was a black man his size doing the same thing imagine the outrage we would have saw.

And from my limited experience the most toxic men I knew growing up also would cry. Usually after they put their hands on or emotionally abused someone.

There is just zero evidence they are toxic. They can’t stop talking about the women in their lives. Jason has all daughters. Travis is constantly saying great things about women. They talk about art. They talk about emotions. They cry all the time.

If they are toxic masculinity I have no idea what that term means.

7 Likes

Agree with this take. Also just listened to the latest episode of their podcast/show and they discuss the incident with Reid pretty in depth, which changed my perspective of it some.

1 Like

They had just turned the ball over. He was riled and ready to play. He ran up to his coach and bumped into him in the process. Dude is 6’5, 250 lbs. The 65 year old man wasn’t looking and stumbled. There’s no there here. It was an accident. End of story

3 Likes

I’m a little confused. You watched your first football game just 5 days ago but are also a regular listener to the Kelce bros podcast? Strange combo imo

I’d call it more adrenaline fueled intimidation (of someone he knows and cares about) than an accident. He knew what he was doing in the moment, regardless of how jacked he was about the particular moment. Clearly his intent was not to injure, but it was to be loud and heard about wanting the ball in an aggressive manner.

Mistake seems like the wrong word for what happened, but it isn’t some outrage inducing grievance, just hopefully something he will reflect on and be able to approach differently if the situation arises again.

It’s called having a girlfriend in love with Taylor swift. :grin:

6 Likes

You know nothing of their relationship and are making a judgement on 1 action where you don’t know the context. Both participants have said it was not a thing so why are you still trying to make it a thing?

https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status/1758496383051481115

BREAKING: Matt Gaetz

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Is Lucy going to yank the football this time? Do we got him?