GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Gaetz: Mr. President, let’s take a selfie to send to these girls I showed you pics of.

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/1377807197598478336?s=19

I have to point out that the attitude the author bemoans from the essayist is IDENTICAL to much of the WAAF discourse here.

One of the central attitudes underpinning democracy — that sometimes the other side wins, and that’s okay — is buckling on the right.

like Georgia’s new voting law: It sees democracy not as a principle to respect, but as a barrier to be overcome in pursuit of permanent power.

1 Like

Project Home Coming?

He doesn’t really explain in any detail the nature of the nefarious forces that have polluted most American minds; he rails against “the progressive, or woke, or ‘antiracist’ agenda that now corrupts our republic” and takes it as a given that his audience will agree that this threat is apocalyptic.

Pretty much sums up the modern right-wing hive mind. No need for facts or details or making actual arguments, we’re past that now. We’re in a propaganda war for our very way of life now. Emotions are all that matters.

I mean i get the old conservative/monarchist/fascist/marxist (in practice) idea that “look, we’re the superior race/class/chosen by god and have more knowledge and virtue and should rule.” It’s more or less internally consistent.

What i don’t get is that they must occasionally look around the room and notice it’s all morons, and if the lived reality of your party of superior people is Gaetz/Jordan/Trump etc, then you, rando state legislator, may want to rethink some assumptions about the company you keep. When your goal in undermining democracy is more Trumps you’re at the end point of the reductio ad absurdum.

5 Likes

Things like this Gaetz story is kinda how I feel Trump must control so many of these senators like Russia probably tells him the secrets and then he tells the Senator or whoever exactly what he knows and then they just fall right in line.

I’m sure they would all end up behaving the same way anyway though, just naturally, without the blackmail. It’s apparent at this point that they are basically nothing more than agents of chaos and division.

2 Likes

This is unquestionably the Democrats now. The GOP more have opinions on who should NOT have power.

1 Like

If you feel like anti-racism is an “apocalyptic threat”, you might be a racist.

9 Likes

Na, dems are a broad coalition but the elite are mainly technocrats because they they believe the world can be improved through laws and regulation (they’re right). The republicans are mainly racist religious people. The motivating principle is to keep the brown hordes at bay, which suggests some kind of superiority, but not one supported by actual evidence.

Republicans sometimes say they don’t want everyone to vote, but if voting were confined to, say, phds, MDs, JDs, and (to be inclusive) MBAs, there would be almost no elected republicans.

https://twitter.com/tweetsfromhere/status/1377779345914273795?s=19

28 Likes

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1273677953113751552?s=21

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1273701773065293824?s=21

Some fun old tweets.

2 Likes

By

Sofia Carbone

Published

December 20, 2020

Winters, a student at the University of Chicago, has been one of the leading voices speaking out against the Chinese Communist Party.

Interesting both of these females are associated with the same far right wack job website

That’s really freaking weird. I guess it could be explained that they are attractive young women in the right-wing-nutjobbery field and he took advantage of them.

Excerpt from John Boehner’s book

11 Likes

Florida Republicans considering new election bill that would effectively ban giving voters water

Florida not wanting to be left out of the cruelty

Sophia Carbone has some vaguebooking thoughts about grifters.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sofia-carbone-72579818a/

Looks like she graduated high school in 2017 - definitely in Gaetz’ wheelhouse.

1 Like

It looks like her mother wrote that article.

As clueless as her daughter - she quotes 2 grifters, Paul Joseph Watson and Mike Cernovich, that support her position in her rant about grifting

1 Like

Ah! Makes more sense.

$34,800 tuition at Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches.

1 Like

That tip to the feds came in a text message conversation that Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg had with an employee explaining why they were both in the office one weekend two years earlier, according to this person.

According to three people with direct knowledge of the incident: Greenberg visited the Lake Mary, Florida branch of his tax collection agency that weekend. Grainy surveillance footage captured Greenberg standing near a manager’s desk with another man. Greenberg forgot to set the alarm on the way out, which concerned the assistant branch manager when she walked into the office Monday morning. That employee was surprised to find that driver licenses—which are normally turned in when expired at the tax office for shredding—were scattered all over the desk instead of in the appropriate disposal basket. She reviewed the camera footage and alerted her boss, who in turn contacted Greenberg via text.

“Did you happen to visit the Lake Mary Office on the weekend?” the text message read.

The image obtained by The Daily Beast shows that Greenberg allegedly responded: “Yes I was showing congressman Gaetz what our operation looked like. Did I leave something on?”

The Daily Beast obtained images of additional text messages that purport to show Greenberg helping Gaetz get duplicate IDs—outside of proper channels on a Sunday afternoon. On Sept. 2, 2018, Greenberg directly asked an employee to quickly create a new card that complies with the heightened security standards of “REAL ID,” a process that would normally require providing additional documentation, according to the images.

“Amy- is there anyway to assist one of our Congressmen in getting an emergency replacement ID or DL by Tuesday 2pm? His was lost yesterday and he’s got a flight Tuesday. Doesn’t have any other form of ID currently on him. Sorry to bother you on Sunday,” Greenberg wrote.

Greenberg then confirmed that the favor was for “Matthew Louis Gaetz II,” born on May 7, 1982.

3 Likes

Isn’t this just “Florida” living?