GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

So he’s basically saying that no country should ever enter into any kind of agreement with the United States? We pretty much knew that already, but good to know.

8 Likes

He’s saying that Democratic elected officials aren’t true Americans and don’t represent America so anything done with Democrats are provisional.

There’s always a tension between the different visions of different parties with the continuity of the US as an entity, but rarely do people phrase it as the other side is wholly illegitimate as political representatives.

8 Likes

In a sane world something like this would ensure no republican is ever elected again.

We do not live in a sane world. We are the product of multiple generations of people raised on an addiction to oil cut with lead. It has broken our brains completely.

Hey’s saying Obama should have gone through Congress.

Of course the same scorched earth Congress that would never give Obama a win on one single thing, no matter how much it benefited the country or the world.

2 Likes

There’s a reason conservatives are so upset about Dr. Seuss. He is the author of the only books they can read and understand.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/kristin__wilson/status/1367193944291958789?s=21

This isn’t true. Conservatives are absolutely not capable of understanding the basic morality in a Dr. Seuss book.

13 Likes

Hold up.

Are you telling me that THE DEMOCRATS COULD HAVE DONE THIS WITH THE TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT?!

10 Likes

No, not at any time, only when it was funny.

8 Likes

Good point. I’ll revise my statement to he is the author of the only books they have read cover-to-cover. :joy:

2 Likes

I know a woman, a friend, who experienced something like that. Pressed far enough, the story will be repeated and I know it’s time to back off.

Maybe, but why the Trump-like use of quotation marks, shitty formatting and bad, inconsistent spelling?

https://twitter.com/arosegregory/status/1367198354501996548

27 Likes

Charlie Kirk paid for this dude to go to the insurrection.

2 Likes

I’d give you all my hearts for the day if I could

1 Like

20 Likes

He did not travel to the Capitol with an extremist group.

Uh-huh.

A firefighter with 26 years of experience threw a fire extinguisher. A fire extinguisher that he didn’t bring with him. An empty fire extinguisher. How did it get empty? They have empty extinguishers just lying around the Capitol? So many questions.

There’s been an escalation from this person who is clearly disturbed on some level.

My friend’s post:

Update on racist activities.

Our dog walker sent us a photo of this message that was posted on the stop sign at the corner of our yard.

While on her walk with our dog Frankie, she said a grey SUV sped up and swerved at her while yelling “ALL LIVES MATTER”

Our dog walker hasn’t been to our house since last March. So the people that swerved at her clearly associated Frankie with our house and the signs.

I called in a police report and the deputy that took the report was clearly uninterested and was hating every moment of my story.

He didn’t understand why I felt we were being harassed and why I no longer feel safe. He then asked me why I didn’t just take the signs down. You can imagine how things got a little heated from that point on.

I called dispatch asking to either speak to a black officer or this deputies supervisor.

The following call I received was from a corporal and she was much more receptive.

However, she did not seem alarmed that our dog walker was swerved at and made no mention of wanting a report from her.

I had to insist that our dog walker file a report on the incident…

Ordering cameras tonight and I’ve alerted several neighbors who are part of a neighborhood watch.

These people are now targeting my dog.

I worry for my friend that we’ve moved beyond “diagnosable mental illness,” and “possible brain tumor” is drawing live right now

6 Likes

Since the cops aren’t interested, take the signs and save them in case that changes. Maybe look for fingerprints?

Fingerprints on glass (windows, drinking glasses, etc.) can be photographed by placing a white card behind the glass and using a low oblique angle of light. They can also be photographed by using transmitted (back) lighting by positioning a diffused light source behind the glass.

I could be wrong, but I think they know who the offending neighbor is, or could find her and her house easily from the car.

The worrying thing is apparently the cops have zero interest as it is now in unless she escalates further

1 Like

At least the part from the second letter that said “If you need assistance from a policeman, don’t ask a white cop” was accurate.

17 Likes