GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

This quote will be used by Dems to conclude that Mitch is a Good Guy they can work with.

6 Likes

counterpoint: nothing matters.

3 Likes

So I went down a rabbit hole.

Theres a lynching picture in the background of the music video.

It relates to this.

Worth a read. For right wing insanity of 80 years ago. Ugh.

Senator Allen Ellender (D-Louisiana) proclaimed:

“We shall at all cost preserve the white supremacy of America.”

Lately, I’ve been thinking about how the right-wing mimics the German reaction to Article 231, the so-called “war guilt” clause of the Treaty of Versailles.

White Republicans act as if woke culture has imposed the diktat of a “white guilt” clause and they resent it greatly.

Was there an off-ramp on the German road to Hitler or was someone like him inevitable? Was the problem British pacifism and opposition to rearmament that made a diplomatic strategy of appeasement more attractive? Do we need someone to be the Winston Churchill of an inevitable race-based conflict, but who is actually listened to instead of following a course of racial appeasement?

Is there a racial equivalent to the Keynes’ arguments in The Economic Consequences of the Peace? Are we too far gone for any of that to work?

3 Likes

@riverman I rely on you for my villages news, how did I not know about this?

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1478793373368602625

3 Likes

They’re probably just weeding out liberals by arresting them for voter fraud. Coming to a theater near you.

1 Like

Who is Hellfire? I’d obey him, I think, sounds tough

Look most of these are extremely hateful but a few had me thinking “the worst person you know just made a great point”

youdontsay.gif

1 Like

it’s Dr Hellfire. he didn’t go to hell medical school for nothinng, you know.

2 Likes

Just totally normal wall art here.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1479126260454506496

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1479129931724558346

1 Like

Now I’m imagining Glen Beck as a Dark Souls boss with a health bar.

Also, I love Chris Hayes, but no it is not a weird thing for a Nazi to have Nazi memorabilia and it’s annoying when reporters play dumb like this.

4 Likes

Schmeling was not a Nazi darling, quite the opposite. Completely ahistorical.

He was also one of Joe Lewis’ pallbearers.

3 Likes

an unwilling darling is still a darling, darling.

2 Likes

So the Nazis loved him when he was champion in 1930? No shit man, all of Germany loved him, he was a national hero. Not sure how the Nazis felt about him when he refused to fire his Jewish manager at Hitler’s request, though. He wasn’t a fucken Nazi and there’s nothing wrong with hanging that photo on your wall.

1 Like

White racists are often superficial and don’t delve that deeply into the backstory. A white hero knocking out a black hero is enough for them.

1 Like

Was in the German Air Force, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Does the same argument apply to proud boys using the “ok” symbol? The swastika? Rare Pepes? Context matters right? Edit: Not saying that’s the case here, but certainly that meanings can evolve beyond their original intent.