GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Yeah some of the biggest wins in 2018 were downballot races that influenced the elections in 2020. County Judge in Harris County in Texas was big, although we didn’t capitalize. A couple SoS and governor’s races were massive.

2 Likes

I’d have thought the same of Georgia. Huge favorite, perhaps. Stone lock, no way.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/status/1329436021025615875?s=21

What a bunch of absolute nutters.

Shared this and AZ with letter with my parents to poke the bear and got the typical response.

“Both sides!”

Show me.

“Shut up LIBRUL!”

1 Like

Some MAGAs got yelled at while dining outside after the million moron march - so TOTALLY EQUAL AND OPPOSITE.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/GOP/status/1329490975266398210

At this point, I don’t know how lucky we have to get to avoid assassinations of elected Dems or the Georgia Secretary of State, but it’s scary to think about how many chances there are for one to slip through.

https://twitter.com/markjacob16/status/1330289781184540674?s=21

1 Like

felony gun charge in illinois is likely going to derail that.

eta: looks like illinois law prevents him from running for state office. i guess he would have to leapfrog and go for federal election which is harder.

Feels like we really need some type of psychological screening for congress candidates.

If you take a look at the social media world on the right, and what they were being presented about the protests, it is no surprise at all that Rittenhouse is a hero on the right.

He’s an underdog to be convicted of murder, and if he ever runs for public office in a red district or state he’ll be a huge favorite.

4 Likes

I’ve already mentally prepared myself for Rittenhouse getting off Scott free.

1 Like

Prepare yourself for Congressman Rittenhouse for a long time, and for the mainstream media to treat him with the respect the office would typically deserve.

Eddie Gallagher murdered innocent children and got off, this is already who we are.

I remember learning about My Lai and actually thinking that could never happen again. What a sweet summer child I was.

5 Likes

That dude has absolutely no self control or we wouldn’t know his name. If he has a little bit of a heater and beats the charges he’ll be more like George Zimmerman than whatever Congressman Rittenhouse you’re worried about.

This is extra extra true because his trial will most likely happen in the Biden era… which means that it will be widely covered. They’ll be looking for stories that aren’t coronavirus funerals and boringly normal and obvious press conferences from the Biden people. Rittenhouses trial is going to be covered wall to wall, and he’s definitely a deeply pathetic individual who the public will probably find pretty repugnant even if he walks.

One of the things we should all expect once the Trump era ends is for following the news to go back to a more normal pace. I honestly can’t wait.

4 Likes

He’s already got elected Republicans giddy with anticipation of his run. He’ll definitely have people encouraging it. Assuming he’s in a red area, all that matters is the primary.

The GOP is all about owning the libs. They talk about it, but Kyle Rittenhouse is about it. How can you possibly own the libs more than killing them?

By sending the guy who did it to Congress.

This sure didn’t happen during the Obama years.

Eh. Kyle Rittenhouse isn’t someone who gets more likable the more you get to know him I’m guessing. His trial is going to be a five ring media circus. Maybe the conservative media spins it in a positive way for him somehow, but I suspect he’s about to get slapped with his victims life stories and his own inherent shittiness in front of the cameras 24/7 for a few weeks.

George Zimmerman isn’t a hero to many on the right. What happened to him publicly is about to happen to Kyle, except he killed white people. I know they’ve already started demonizing the victims… but that’s not going to hold up very well against potentially weeks of breathless media coverage.

Support for Rittenhouse is going to get rammed back down the crazy hole along with a whole bunch of other shit the Trump era allowed out into the light. Not that I’m sold that that’s an entirely good thing. People believe this stuff and I prefer being able to tell who they are so I can avoid them.

George Zimmerman was just ahead of his time. The right wasn’t quite ready for the cold blooded murder yet.

Also killing a random black kid on the street isn’t as pleasurable for the MAGA cult as killing some liberal rioters trying to burn down cities in the name of societal change to promote equality for black people.

I don’t think this genie is going back in the bottle as quickly as you seem to think.

That’s fair. I think there’s two ways this can go… I think the entire media environment including social media goes back to pre 2016 normal within hours of Biden becoming the President… or this rolling trash fire continues, in which case I think we’re probably going to see some real big government shit targeting how social media works. (This is an area where the executive branch absolutely has options… which explains why Zuck may offer Biden the same deal he probably offered Trump. “We’ll give you the social media environment you want if you don’t regulate us and let me keep printing money”. And don’t @me about Parler or other competitors to Facebook. If any of them ever draw any meaningful number of users away from FB for any meaningful amount of time Zuck will do to them what he’s done to countless other wanna be competitors.)

Once Trump is out of office capital gets their hands back on the controls. My money is on the first thing they do being to stabilize everything with the nutjobs on the right that Trump has activated because they’re extremely destabilizing.

After that it’s just 4 long grey years post pandemic with the economy sputtering along because nothing ever really got done to help main street. Private equity buys as much real world stuff up cheap as possible, and things just keep sliding towards the cliff the Boomers plan to cheat with death.

WAAF